Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to make sure I wasnt the only one with this but the pep goes to #### when the a/c is on. I understand that a/c condencer takes away from the hp but this makes even shifting like crud. Is this normal?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes and Please some1 explain him why this happenes. It's not only your car it's every car out there except the Lancer Evolution RS.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I can't even tell the a/c is on in my Supra.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by ScionCowboy@Jun 13 2005, 08:11 PM
I just wanted to make sure I wasnt the only one with this but the pep goes to #### when the a/c is on. I understand that a/c condencer takes away from the hp but this makes even shifting like crud. Is this normal?
Sad but true, it's pretty normal for most cars. Both my tC's run slow with the a/c on.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Some people don't notice lots of things. I always notice acceleration and loss of it to accessories like a/c. I really miss my lightweight flywheel in my Supra. It made a huge difference in acceleration.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's there, and very noticeable. This is one of the sacrifices with a less powerful engine.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah I have noticed that my car runs very different with the a/c on just more pull on the engine I think thats all, it happened in my honda to before I had to take out the ac because of the turbo, but all cars run like that I thought

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Actually the car is running fine. It's just a tad down on power.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
a/c?? Lucky!! i took mine out of my civic(now is not a fun time of year for me)...thank god for the Tc and the girlfriend i helped buy it.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jun 16 2005, 09:13 PM
Actually the car is running fine. It's just a tad down on power.
I was correcting the grammar and not the wording.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I notice the lack of accleration, but on my SHO's the A/C will cut out under full throttle temporarily so you still get the full power, its nice!

On older cars I notice the A/C compressor cycling on and off, thats drives me crazy!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by MilTownSHO@Jun 18 2005, 01:00 AM
...but on my SHO's the A/C will cut out under full throttle temporarily so you still get the full power, its nice!
Our tCs do this as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am glad to know its not just me.. As I stated I KNOW a/c will hurt hp, but it thowing off the shifting is what made me worry... throwing off meaning that even at its normal 4k when I shift it was feeling like i was not hitting the powerband before shifting. Anyway, thanks for all your input guys!!!!!!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Just keep your foot in it a little more. It works for me.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
Originally posted by mykeymagik@Jul 13 2005, 01:10 PM
want the pep back? Change to synthetic oil.. adds better throttle response...and keeps your power up a lil even while the a/c is on..
huh??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.