Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright well i will be getting out of college here soon and I AM getting a tC i have looked at them more times than i can count done more research than you can imnagine, but i want to get some feedback from you guys on how much you guys ended up paying, and more importantly what your monthly payments are, i really don't want to get scammed so i figure this could be some very useful info, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Ok, just to give you my scenario, my parents helped me finance my car, b/c I'm 21, and if I were to take out financing for me alone, I would've gotten killed on the interest rate due to lack of credit. I took out a loan for 12K for 3 yrs, and am now paying 335/mo. Which is not so bad b/c I work part time. The rest my parents helped out with a down payment. I think our rate was 4.5 or something close to that, it was Tier 1, I believe. I'm not a spoiled brat, and I appreciate how much my parents help me out.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My TC was a gift so I am blessed to not have any car payments but I think even with excellent credit you are looking at about $350 a month at least that is what my buddy is paying.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
this is my standard formula for my clients to give them an idea.
using an average interest rate of around 6.5, figure you have an 18-21 dollar payment per 1000 dollars you finance, on a 60 month term.
so, if you finance 18,000 an average payment on that would be 342.00

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
$295 for 5yr at 6.25%

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
$2100 down

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
wow, my little average is pretty close. i would have ballparked $300. good to know i'm not ALL f#cked up.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
it has a payment calculator even if you DO believe what he is saying.

its not like it's subjective.

·
Registered
124 Posts
A little advice...

Do some financing research. I wouldn't settle for the interest rates provided by Toyota, so I took the loan from somewhere else. I scored a 1.9% interest rate that I have to pay off in three years. Also, I put 10k down, so that helped a lot. I'm only paying $228 a month.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.