Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gettin ready to buy an alarm system and i was wondering what you guys have on your tC's. Im leaning towards a clifford or a viper, but price is also a barrier. So what do you have and how much did it cost thanks.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Viper 791xv - $400 installed. Alarm w/ LCD Remote + Remote start

·
Registered
191 Posts
^ same.. good alarm, does what i need it to do. and if you shop around enough you can get it pretty cheap. friend of mine found it for like $300 installed..

how are you liking it so far krdshrk?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a Compustar with a lcd toway radio remote start and it works with 5-speeds too..
and i got mine for about 400.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I was told that for a G5 clifford it would be like 380 installed at a local place down here.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's nice. I have to get my guy to change the settings - he has it set to auto-lock after 30 seconds, and the door automatically locks when the key's in the ignition.. I'll wind up locking the keys in my car like that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 4 2006, 02:12 PM
It's nice. I have to get my guy to change the settings - he has it set to auto-lock after 30 seconds, and the door automatically locks when the key's in the ignition.. I'll wind up locking the keys in my car like that.
i believe the door will only lock with the key in the ignition if the car is in motion, so no need to worrry about locking your keys in

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Originally posted by tCfiend@Jan 4 2006, 06:32 PM
i believe the door will only lock with the key in the ignition if the car is in motion, so no need to worrry about locking your keys in
Nope. I put the key in the ignition and then a second later.... click! Locked. Does it while i'm putting on my seat belt.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i also have the viper 791xv. got tilt sensor, backup battery, window roll up/down, and audio sensor.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah the 791 does seem to be eating away at my AAA batt. it was full for a while.. but once the display took a bar off it's just been goin down faster and faster.

as for the key thing, you sure it isn't just when you turn the car on? or is this a different setting that's possible? mine lock when i start the engine. also another thing i considered was to make a copy of the key at a local locksmith, a nice flat key to keep in the wallet. so you'll have a spare on you just in case, and if you lose ur wallet.. they can't run off with the car since it won't start w/o the chip.

cranium, how much did you get the tilt sensor for? i was thinkin about grabbin one too.. oh and your window roll up/down.. i think it would help in the summer considering i have a bsp.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Oh yeah. I forgot... When it does that for me, I use the remote start. I put in the key and turn it to on and tap the brake... a second later.... click... locked.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got the Black Widow z5. with 3 remotes, 2 two way, and one normal remote with remote start for 135 installed. : )

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 5 2006, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot... When it does that for me, I use the remote start. I put in the key and turn it to on and tap the brake... a second later.... click... locked.
ahh okay.. remote start.. yeah.. i lack that feature.. i thought about hacking at it and doing it myself in the spring.. but it's definitely something i can live without.. i mean it's GREAT to have, very convenient.. but nothin i'm gonna go through the trouble over..

also, since quite a few of those who responded here have the 791...
where did you have the antenna mounted?
and do you run into trouble with it's range in parking garages or is it just me?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The antenna I have is a double-sided antenna - it's up at the top of my windshield, above my Rear View mirror. Mostly unnoticeable.

I might have a larger antenna than you.... the range is pretty nice.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Originally posted by neo-truth@Jan 4 2006, 03:35 PM
Does installing an alarm lower your insurance costs at all? If so, by how much? It'd be nice if it paid for itself that way.
I got the Scion Security System and Allstate will give me a discount for that. They told me it's because of the ignition kill.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Doesn't the stock tC kill the engine if it doesn't receive the proper signal from your key? Or something like that? I'm not even sure what the Scion Security does do...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.