Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of leather combination would look good in a flint mica. I was thinking of a two tone, black with grey(going for the silver look) inserts. I will be changing the interior gauge/radio/ac control leds to red but i dont want red seats. Also, what do you guys think of the new tailights? do you guys think they'll look good in a FM with black tints? I appreciate your responses, thank you.

I do have a pic of a FM with the tailights but I cant post right now.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
a two tone with black seat bolsters and a dark graphite inset would be smokin'. the new taillights look good on the darker colors, its the black background of them that blends well. on the lighter colors, its very close to being too much contrast, and they look decidedly aftermarket. but black and flint make them work almost like stock (ie: not ricey at all imho).

·
Registered
336 Posts
as another owner of an FM, I like the idea of the two-tone on the seats. I'm not sure I would go for a more silver colored insert myself, but a medium smoke grey perhaps.

As for the new tail lights, I don't really care for them personally.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm planning on doing a two-tone leather seat reupholstery to my FM when it comes in at the end of august, and also the door panels as well probably. Hdoaner's car has that done, just all one color (see here). I'll photoshop a picture up tomorrow with some two-tone combinations and see what they look like for you guys
I was planning on black and white, with red stitching, and probably a big scion logo in the center of each seat. I dont want it too look too ricey, and want it to look like part of the car, rather than something very aftermarket ish (i.e. sparco style seats)

·
Registered
185 Posts
This isnt the greatest chop, but Its an example of a two-tone look that I was interested in, Maybe picture this with a lighter gray where the black is or switch the colors up however you want? Its a decent image to see where the sections are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How about leather side bolsters, but suede in the center of the seat. i've seen this on the Audi S4s and it looks really good (minus the blue color). Also, the suede keeps you from slippin' and slidin' in ... uhm ... spirited driving, shall we say. And I would keep black leather on the sides and a dark gray suede for the center. This could be quite $$$ though.

Lucas

·
Registered
106 Posts
leather???? i use to LOVE leather then winter came around and then summer... ahhha leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.... eck!
but if you must go with black, very classy

·
Registered
116 Posts
well dudes, i ordered an 06 tC Silver Streak with leather which happens to be two toned, perforated dove grey insert with black on the sides and headrest, i will post some pics when i get my car, gee am i excited

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.