Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
are Canadians allowed to purchase a Scion and then bring em back up to Canada??

hey how about we have a group meet in Canada.. i've never been there before and
plus i'm not that far from the border now (at least from the Ontario area)

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think I read somewhere about the tC costing a bit more in Canada b/c they have to do some mods to it (I think I read something about them having to change the speedometer over to km and something else....maybe having to do with the headlights?).....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah i think they have to change the head lights because in canada the lights are supposed to be on all the time.

I can't wait til the summer, I'm going to toronto and i'll be the only one with a scion! Its gonna be awesome.

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you're going to speak their language, then you have to say: hey buddy, do you happen to own a scion tc ey? c'mon, buddy where's all the scions' aboot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
guys, i'm from canada, i serioulsy need help, is there anyone from canada, with a scion TC, if so please reply, i'm trying to get one into canada, they are gergeous cars.

i'm desperate please reply back to me thanx

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The Scion tC is not admissable into Canada from the US. Sorry.

I found this PDF via a Google search: http://www.riv.ca/english/US_vehicle_admissibility.pdf

It lists all the admissable vehicles. And gives general explanations of why vehicles would not be admissable (didn't take the time to read it, but the tC is listed as inadmissable -- you can however import an xB or xA and several other Toyotas).

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah i figured out it's not admissible but i'm trying to find a way around it like a loop hole i heard if i buy it used it can be passed but
better yet
i'd like to know why it's not admissible,
no1 seems to know i'd love to know
desperatly want one

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You can get a Toyota Yaris. The 5-door model looks kinda similar to the tC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol are u kidding me? a gay yaris, dude common now, lets get real, the tc is a real machine and the sunroof on it, #### yeah biggest i ever seen on any car oh man
don't even compare those 2 cars

lol
i am determined to find the cause of the inadmissblilty, if i must i will find it, and if i gotta fix soemthing like a bumper i'll sure as helll try, BUT
the hard part is finding out what is thr reason

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was just saying, the 5-door yaris resembles the tC's styling. It would be better than nothing, I suppose.
You could always go for a Celica if it's the performance you crave.

I'm still looking. Some people hint that it's some bumper specification or seatbelt anchor position that makes it inadmissible. Another person states that a vehicle on the inadmissable list can't be modified in any way to make it admissable, no loopholes or any way around it.

Looks like you're out of luck.
I'm sorry. You could call your Department of Motor Vehicles (or whatever they call it in Canada) and see if they can tell you the "why". I'm guessing it would just be wasted effort, though. As a last resort, you could just move to the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol yeah i think tomorrow i'll be e-mailing some people that know some anwsers i hope

i guess we'll soon see,
hey man thanx for the website and all apreciate it

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh yeah 1 more thing, u might have for me, u got any links to any foruns with a dude who onws a tc with AZURE pearl as the car color, i can't seem to find any

i wanna see that colour on the road and so on

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
i have sold xBs out to canada. i am sure we can make it happen with a tC.

if you are serious. PM me or inevitablegod.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts