Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Yes. They plug right in, BUT.... I would get the upgraded harnesses they sell along with it too. I've heard of several people frying their wiring harnesses because the lumincs bulbs draw more power.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Stock bulbs are 51 Watt. Luminics are 55W. Even a small 4 watt difference can fry wiring if it's not meant to handle it.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Dec 10 2005, 08:48 AM
^^ Right. So far I haven't had a problem and I didn't buy the upgraded wiring harness.
Same here.

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Not a problem either but I am upgrading to flowlighting HID here soon I have heard and read that the blue version of luminics bulbs are the ones frying so I stayed away from those and got the white ones

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by mrbrace@Dec 11 2005, 05:43 AM
Not a problem either but I am upgrading to flowlighting HID here soon I have heard and read that the blue version of luminics bulbs are the ones frying so I stayed away from those and got the white ones
True. I think they are "too" blue.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
I wouldn't.... they're actually dimmer than OEM bulbs. If you're swapping in Luminics, get the hyper-whites.

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by jetleigh@Dec 11 2005, 08:06 PM
thanks for the replies :) so are the ultra-violets legal? how purple are they.
I read that Luminics had to recall Ultra Violets so I'd say no, also I've heard that people have gotten tickets for them. I'd go with the Hyper Whites also.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
i haven't upgraded my wiring harness.... i think the person that melted their harness had some other error.... the fuse should have blown instead of the wires melting... thats what fuses are for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.