Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the scion website I saw that they had light kit and i know it only illuminates where your feet are at and other places but not the dash. But i was wondering if you could change the color of the whole dash illumination? Does anyone knows if its possible or if its illegal to tamper with.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's possible. People over on Scionlife have done it, and I've ordered the replacement LEDs for the project and will be doing it sometime in the near future. I can't see how it could be illegal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This guy did his whole dash and ac panel blue. Looks very nice. The only thing is you have to take out the dash cluster, then replace all the bulbs. It looks hard but I guess if you know what your doing. I'm worried about warranty even though I don't think I will ever need to take my car in for any warranty repair.Here is the link to one guy who did it. He lives by me I'm trying to contact him to see if he could install some lights on mine for a descent price

http://www.tracylightning.org/tchillin.htm

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't like the bland color of the instruments. Would prefer blue like Acura or orange. The present ones are not easy to read. Would appreciate information on how to install...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow, I'm really impressed with the guy who was able to change his dash to blue LEDs. But I also hope he as the 6 disk changer so he can change that to blue as well, or else having an amber CD console won't match very well.

I just wish I have to guts to change my dash to blue LEDs. Better instructions and more pictures during the process would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.