1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
*cough* trdsparks.com *cough*

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
This is officially the 97th time I answer the "can I do XM myself" thread.

Yes, install takes about 20 minutes if you know how to hold a screwdriver and a ratchet. And stock XM antenna placement is stoopid. It is much easier and visually pleasing to hide the antenna under the dash above the center AC vent.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Maybe someone who's done the install could be kind enough to do a write up for the info section.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I went to my dealer today and looked at the tc they have and it says satellite radio ready. Does this mean that I can put sirus in? I have heard serius is better and would like to do that if possible. I searched for a thread on Satellite radio but didn't find anything useful. Maybe if we could figure out how to do this and post the PDF or an article on how to do that this will be useful to the next person.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
McGeorge sells the Sirius kit for about $260 or so, but if you don't want to self-install you can probably get it from the dealer for around $400 (ballpark - not sure what the real price is).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is with the kit being so expensive? I saw a XM direct kit at target for $49. What is the difference in that and something that cost $150-250? It has the antenna and little black box for $49 what else do you need? Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
If you want to control your XM with stock HU - you have to shell out the cash. Otherwise I know a lot of people that bought generic XM kits and hooked them up to the stock HU - saved money, but lost a tad in comfort.

Actually XM kit that Ken sells on trdsparks.com comes with 1 year free subscription, so you are actually paying about $140 for the kit itself. Not bad of a deal if you ask me. (Check with Ken if the 1 year subscription offer is still valid, though).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had Sirius put in my car...works with the stock head unit...I got it for free but the work ticket said $293 for the little Sirius box (goes behind the rear view mirror) and the install...It all works with the stock radio controls and the sterring wheel if you have an '06! Works great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.