Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes today I raced my cousins Celica 00 gt, he has intake and a muffler pipe...I drive an 06 tC all stock...He beat me by like 5 feet so we were basically side by side because I peeled too much off the launch...He beat me 2 times, I launched the first time @ 4500 rpm then the 2nd race was at 4000rpm, both times skirted too hard. Can anyone give a little info of how to launch the tC???

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
here is a moderator moving this to the racing forum.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
When I race my tC, which is extremely rare because it is NOT a race car... I don't launch at all. I find that if you feather the clutch (dont make a habit out of this) off the line you can get the most power with completely avoiding spinning your tires. But if you really want a stronger launch, get some new rubber. The stock tires BLOW on the tC. You'd be amazed the difference stickier tires make with launching. And no offense, but you should be roasting celica GTs so you really need to work on your launch

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol his celica GT 00 hit 15.7 qtr. mile so Im not so sure about roasting his celica...

·
Registered
349 Posts
You're launching at 4000! thats way to high IMO. I've got 14k miles on my IIP and I think I've gotten pretty good at launching, when my daughters not in the car! I don't rev up usually. Its all about finding the friction point and starting to spin tires a little bit. Too much spinning and you wont be going anywhere fast. When I launch, I really get out, my back ends wobbling behind me, its great! Also, concerning the stock tires, I think they're okay. I'm definitely having a blast sliding around corners and scaring the poop out of people when the hear/see me flying towards them going sideways with my tires spinning.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Jul 21 2005, 01:30 PM
lol his celica GT 00 hit 15.7 qtr. mile so Im not so sure about roasting his celica...
And we have people with stock tCs on here running 15.5's. Oh yeah, and just so you know, a 15 second 1/4 mile is NOT fast... and honestly, 1/4 time has NOTHING to do with you you perform on the street. NOTHING. And yes, even a madd tyt3 modded celica running 15.7's in the 1/4mile you should be roasting and spitting out. If you're not, you gotta brush up on more than just your launch.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thanx for some nice people on here thrashing meeh lol...sure my cousins gt only does 15.7 qtr mile but I bet anyone themselves can even hit 15.5 qtr mile all stock...show me then Ill believe...but yeah its ok though Ive gotten a lot better at launching since yesterday, I revv at 2.5k-3k rpm and powershift now but Im still only a nose ahead of my cousins gt...there u happpy I can beat him now by like 2 inches...and 00 gt celicas are not as slow as you guys say, especially knowing my cousin is a very experienced driver for over 10 yrs....

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think people have been getting mean latley

in general.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If they did it with stock tires, I'd be impressed.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah, if you plan on racing in the tC at all, get new rubber. First thing you should do.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Jul 21 2005, 08:22 PM
yeah thanx for some nice people on here thrashing meeh lol...sure my cousins gt only does 15.7 qtr mile but I bet anyone themselves can even hit 15.5 qtr mile all stock...show me then Ill believe...but yeah its ok though Ive gotten a lot better at launching since yesterday, I revv at 2.5k-3k rpm and powershift now but Im still only a nose ahead of my cousins gt...there u happpy I can beat him now by like 2 inches...and 00 gt celicas are not as slow as you guys say, especially knowing my cousin is a very experienced driver for over 10 yrs....
Hey man, sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass. I was tired and a little on the drunk side when I made that post. I know celica GTs aren't slow, but trust me, even slightly modded a stock tC should have no problem pulling away. I suppose it would be a driver's race more than anything though. Just keep working on it and learn the shift points in your car. That is huge also when it comes to racing. You need to learn when to shift so you lose the least amount of power right before you shift and when you catch the next gear ou want to be right back in your strongest power range. Basically what I mean is you should never completely redline when racing. You lose power that close to redline. You should be shifting before. Keep up the good work and you'll be taking him left and right in no time!
Once again, sorry about the way I came across.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FrostbytetC thx bro youre a very kool person man...

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Heck yea Frostbyte is a cool guy. And yea man good job on learning on how to launch the car in like a day thats the $hit. But hey from my experieance rev lower on the launch like 1500 RPMs make a diff but smash the gas as soon as you think you got enough traction to do it. it works i know i do it all the time
ight well good luck man and tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys about going 85 in 3rd gear, I finally know why I said 85 mph in 3rd gear when I raced...It was actually 75 in 3rd gear redlining also...I thought it was 85 because 75 came right before 80 and I was looking at 80 minus the 5 which I thought was 85 mph I was going...I figured that out from losing to an rsx-S today on the HWay...them things are FAASSSTTTT!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Originally posted by $The TC$ @HTown@Jul 26 2005, 10:45 AM
wow! The farthest I push it is 60 in 3rd, to each their own, but bro, I'd said your gonna blow your motor if u keep running 75 in 3rd!
you're never going to win a race if you'll only push your car up to 60 in 3rd.... you can go up to 80 mph in 3rd... dont be afraid to redline the car, it has a rev limiter, you can't break the engine unless you misshift.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.