Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wsup, recently got my kaminari kit put on and planning on getting the trd suspension kit, but my problem was... having a hard time deciding on how big my rims and tires should be. My friends suggested to go for 18s or 19s, can i get some other opinions from my fellow tC owners?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well I think 19s would definitely look better, however they are more expensive and the tires probably wont last as long as 18's because they are thinner. I have 19s myself and love them but I am always paranoid about something happening to my tires because they are so thin. Whatever size you get, I would suggest getting a wide rim with a big lip, those definitely look hot.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I like the look of 19's.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It also depends on what you want to do with your car. I've read articles that recommend 17's for most racing applications. Also with 19's, depending on how wide, you may have some rubbing issues, so keep that in mind. I'd go with 18's, which still look hot.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
19's are very very heavy. I have them on my car and they are noticably heavy, but they look good....

I don't know if I'd recommend 18". If you want performance you want 17"; if you want looks you might as well get 19".

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Agreed. Decide if you are about looks or performance, then the rest is pretty easy. You can't have both.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@May 18 2005, 11:59 PM
Agreed. Decide if you are about looks or performance, then the rest is pretty easy. You can't have both.
I've decided that you can.... The stock 17" wheels aren't THAT heavy. Just buy nice flashy 19" wheels for showing off, and put some good rubber on the 17" stock rims for track day

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Originally posted by torqypig@May 19 2005, 08:56 AM
i'm thinking about 16's or maybe 15's w/ bigger tires (don't know if it's possible), to make the ride more comfy (i think). what say you?
I think that would look like crap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.