Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Optima battery for my 05 tc and after installing it the drivers side window controls dont work. I checked the fuses, even disconnected and reconnected the battery with no luck. I guess I need to know if anyone else has experanced this and if not does the Optima void the warrenty?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
You need to reset your windows. It has nothing to do with your battery selection, it happened because you removed power and didn't reset the windows and sunroof (yes, it is screwed up too). Unless I'm mistaken the procedure is outlined in the owner's manual. If not, it's somewhere on this site as well, but I"m too lazy to link to it. I'm sure you can find it on a search.

· Registered
4,234 Posts
With the ignition in the "ON" position, use the control to roll the window down about half way, then roll the window up; keep the window control held in the UP position for 2 seconds. This will reset the window. The procedure is the same for the sunroof.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the reset but it didnt help. I am going to make a apointment for the dealer tomarrow but does anyone know if having a diffrent battery void the warrenty? Or if I should even worry about getting a optima if I only have a 250 watt amp, should the factory one do fine?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
If the Optima is the right size for the car, there will be NO issues with warranty. It would seem rather pointless to put the OEM battery back in, get it all reset, then swap batteries again and go through the whole problem/solution situation a second time. There is absolutely NO WAY a different brand of battery could void your warranty.

· Registered
509 Posts
Again a battery will not void your warranty! Thats like saying chaning your oil filter with something other than toyota parts will void your warranty.

250 watt amp is nothing and your stock alternator and battery can handle that. I have 1800 watts on my stock stereo with no problems. To spend 180.00 on a battery would be a waste of money. Actual I have been told Blue tops or Red tops are just as good that the yellow top is a bit extreme.

Michael

· Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to get an optima red top but, I am not sure which model to get. I will be putting in, 2 12" jlw3, jl 500/1 amp, alpine cda 9855, polk 650 speakers, polk 6500 speakers and kicker 350.4 amp. Has anyone replaced their stock battery with an aftermarket one.

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Any of the Redtops will fit (except perhaps the 34R). Same for Yellowtops. They're all basically the same size externally. I like a dual-terminal battery, like the 75/35(25) or the 34/78. Easier to add aftermarket equipment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.