Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about swaping the Tc 4AT for the Camry 5AT? They are both very similar ATs (made on the same Assy line both in the US & in Japan) and the E/G is the same (AZ)...

I just wonder how to control the ECT... I think the Main ECU controls the ECT and short of hacking the ECU to reprogram the shifting pattern, How could you work around this?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Use the Camry ECM and wiring.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Would it improve mileage? I don't know enough about the camry 5at to say whether it would. Perhaps it is more efficient so you can get more hp to the wheels. Maybe it will improve acceleration as the gear ratios have got to be closer together. Those are all reasons I can see for wanting to do this.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Maybe it will increase weight, add complexity, and reduce reliability?

This knife cuts both ways. You'd have to have a pretty clear goal to do everything you need to accomplish for a swap like this and have it work like a factory setup. I wouldn't do it, no clear benefit.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah, definitely not worth it in my book either. Those are just some possible reasons that I thought of. Not my cup of tea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.