Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the other night i was over my cousin's house and evey time i go over there since i got my car he is always talking smack about how he'll beat me by this many cars and how my tc is slow. i use to always brush him off because he came at me at the wrong times, but i gave in that night. he has a 96 auto camaro. it took us forever to find a nice clear street to go at it cause every where we went there were cops or someone was being pulled over. we almost said f!!k it until we went down one last street it was perfect no cars and no lights. so we stop and i go off his horn we take off i dust him off the line i guess while i was going through 1st and 2nd he was pelling out( he said it wasn't fair cause his tires were wet cause we ran through some water) i called bs but whatever. 2nd run we did from a 30 roll dust him beat him by a car and a half the last one was from a stop and this one he didn't burn out and we were neck in neck until i got in to 3rd and then it was by by i cut it off around 95 and i saw that he was still trying so i down shifted and before we cut it off i was ahead by half a car. now all he says is wait until i do this to my car and wait until i get this. it was a fun night no tickets thats always a good thing.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
My buddy has a similar style trans-am v-6 auto and he fears me. Was the camaro a V-6 or a V-8? If's he's sporting the 5.7 L 305 HP V-8 you wouldn't have been able to beat him unless he is a really poor driver.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
If you beat a Z28, the driver is hopelessly stupid. I've driven one, they're pretty quick for a tuna trawler.

· Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 17 2005, 08:38 AM
If you beat a Z28, the driver is hopelessly stupid. I've driven one, they're pretty quick for a tuna trawler.
Tuna Trawler??? Right....

Good Kill.

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Interesting! A red camaro (not z28) came up really fast behind me and then switched over to the next lane but I just ignored him. I figured that it would beat me cause it had more hp and torque due to the V6 but now I know that it'll be about equal...at least for a V6 auto.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by SPattle@Mar 30 2005, 12:17 PM
What's tuna trawler?
It's an oxymoron. There is no such thing as a tuna trawler, tuna are caught with lines and hooks, not nets.

IME, the Camaros feel big. Bigger than their interior space would lead you to believe. Tuna are large fish. So I say tuna to represent the large feeling I have driving a Camaro.

Camaros have LOADS of low rpm torque. Even when they are not fast, they feel very fast because they push you back in the seat hard. A trawler is a very powerful boat. Even though it's not a fast boat, it is extremely powerful because it has to drag huge nets behind it to catch fish.

So, the two terms that do not go together anywhere in life are united by me to represent how I feel driving a Camaro. A very large, very powerful car. The same is true of the Impala, and a whole lot of 60's muscle cars. HUGE and powerful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.