Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im from Apple Valley and i would be down to join a club. Hey engifineer what part of the twin cities?

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
Good to see more people in the area! I live right by the Carlson buildings in the Minnetonka, Hopkins, Plymouth area... I say those three cause my address is Minnetonka, the zip shows up as Hopkins and many say it is in plymouth
So "Carlson Parkway" area usually works best

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
yeah no kidding. I am sure beers would be in order.. of course as long as everyone is of age

·
Registered
11 Posts
New guy checking in,I live in Minneapolis
Dont have my Scion yet but i will have one in August
Can anyone recommend a dealer?Also is there a club
in Minnesota with a web site? I would like to join.

Thanks,Brad

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
Scikotics has a chapter here. I went with Rudy Luther and was treated very well when I bought mine. They had a couple of flakey installers at the time that messed up a bunch of stuff over and over, but I think personel changes were made cause I didnt see them again and they ended up with a new service manager I believe (this has been a couple of years ago). The sales person also had them give me some nice deals on some stuff and really took care of me. So as far as dealers go I recommend them. I would say to talk to Kelly... but she moved to Washington as a sales mgr I believe. Luther is also the largest Scion dealer in the state I think. Located right by 169 and 394.

Welcome and enjoy the car! If you are looking at any electronics ideas for it.. let me know. I am an electronics geek(
) and am always looking for cool stuff to do, and wouldnt mind doing some local stuff as well so I can actually meet some of my customers for a change! I am always willing to at least advise if that is all you need as well. There are some cool things to do with these cars, so feel free to ask me or anyone else about them.

Enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the offer brother,Its a ways off but im pretty excited
I was debating between the Scion tc, Mini Cooper,Hundai Tiburon
and Mitsibushi Eclipse.Decided to go with the TC for relialbility and
looks mainly and it also costs a hell of a alot less.The color will be
Black Cherry and i do plan to do some mild mods not sure what yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
MN here. Forest Lake area but I work in Murderapolis!! I'm looking to have some gauge/LEd/Soldering stuff done and am not super confident in my soldering abilities. Also I'm looking to install a Red LED flat strip underneath my new Sills which I have painted Gloss Metal Black with Red Tc Symbol and Red Dots. I plan on drilling through the dots and drilling out the TC symbol and having those glow red, and might need some electrical/bodywork help cutting thru underneath where the sills go. Anyone in MN interested in helpin (beers or money might be very good compensation no?).

·
In George I Trust
7,703 Posts
If he hasn't pm'd you yet, check out Engifineer. He's a tech-geek and does all kinds of led mods for the tC. Outstanding work as well. I will be having work done by him soon enough, within a year I would hope. He doesn't know it yet though. I plan on being a regular customer to his home of record. I love the drive to where he is located, very chill, very relaxing, it's a chillaxing drive.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
The chillax!

I got your pm wicked. I will hit you up soon to get your stuff done and help you out with the led strips. I am pretty covered up with led work and such lately (its tax return season... always get busy during this time!) but will see when we can take a look at it. Happy to help out with what you mentioned in the email and can give you some info on my other led work as well (you can see it on www.doctorisotope.com as well to get some ideas). I dont have a heated garage yet, that is part of my summer projects on the new house, insulating, remodelling and heating the garage, so we may want to wait a bit for anything that requires long times outside to work on, but any led swap stuff is no issue. Only takes about 10 - 15 minutes to pull gauges, HVAC, head unit, window controls and steering wheel controls out of the car. The rest is done inside.

But in either case, welcome to the tC and the forums and talk to you soon. If you go look at the led swap stuff on www.doctorisotope.com, my email is listed there as well. You arent too terribly far from me either. I live in Champlin, near the Anoka area. My commute is probably better than yours though if you go downtown
But, I get to the office by 6:30 and work over on crosstown and 494...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sadly I get the brunt force of bad drivers every day. I come all the way down 35dubya, and hit Highway 10 Traffic everyone going into the city, then I hit 694 traffic... THEN I hit the 694/280 traffic, and THEN 280 is usually backed up to #### so I take some back st.paul/minneapolis streets. Teh Commute sucks! But yeah I'm ordering all kinds of swap stuff, getting custom gauge faces made with custom inlays and designs which match from the 3 decals I got on the back of my car. The gauges I'm having made match with the 3 gauges having the same left to right orientation as the decals on the back heh. I'm getting HVAC LED swap stuff, gauge LED's, gonna get projectors (Already Have HID in the stock 07' housings, did the bumper removal already)

So yeah I have a completely custom LED mindset as far as the gauges and HVAC and stuff go, so being able to be there would be the absolute best, as I am a heavy DIY and would absolutely LOVE to be right there doing the actual work as well on my car with professional guidance. I like the fact that when I break something , I can say "oh damn, well guess I'll never do that again", its a learning experience heh. Thanks for the info!

P.S. Maybe you can help me find the source of distortion in my stereo if I make my way out there, and thats supposed to be my area of expertese.....

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
I hear ya on the traffic over there. Mine isnt too bad. It is about 25 miles to work but I have options. If I leave at 6am like I normally do, it takes 30 minutes. If I leave later and hit the bad traffic, it could be an hour, but I have a back road route (zachary/northwest/xenium/plymouth rd... all the same road) that bypasses all major roads and is pretty consistant at 40 - 45 minutes regardless of time of day. So I cant complain too much. I leave by about 3:30 as well in the afternoon, so even taking 494/694/169 it only takes about 40 minutes.

As I said before, check out my stuff on docs site and shoot me an email of what you want it to look like. I can supply/install any of the led stuff you need. I dont make gauge faces, but can help look at a couple of the places that do to figure out what you want and what the prices are.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.