Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

New to this site....and new to driving a 5 speed....

Purchased the car a little over a month ago and loving every second of it.
Still trying to perfect the art of shifting gears, lol....

Quick question I have for the "car tech-ies:"

Is it normal that when I am driving at 65 mph on 5th gear, that my rpm's is at 3K?

I've never owned a car with a manual transmission....
With my 4Runner, at 65, my rpm's is at a low 2K....
With my old Maxima, at 65,. my rpm's was no more than 2.25K

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Alvin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found my answer!

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&hl=5th+gear

ZOLTIZ...you are the man...

thanks for the help/advice DAVE...are you sure there are no cracks on your underground lighting kit? I think your decal/stickers are falling off, better go re-apply some adhesive to them....Ricer, if you don't have an answer to my question, don't waste bandwidth...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by xoalvinox@Sep 26 2005, 08:17 PM
thanks for the help/advice DAVE...are you sure there are no cracks on your underground lighting kit? I think your decal/stickers are falling off, better go re-apply some adhesive to them....Ricer, if you don't have an answer to my question, don't waste bandwidth...
You might want to read the forum rules before launching a personal assault. We don't much care for that kind of stuff.

You're a newbie in our house. He just told you how to find your answer. There's no need to make an attack out of it.

Take a chill pill and remember there are LOTS of threads about LOTS of subjects. There are MANY redundant threads. We'd like to keep as few as possible, so if you don't see it right away, search first. If you don't find anything, send a PM to someone, or if you really have to, start a new thread. But most subjects have some kind of reference, especially common things like new to manual transmissions, color selection, how long did you wait, what are the 'best' options, etc. and you will find LOTS of information by searching first.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by xoalvinox@Sep 26 2005, 08:17 PM
ZOLTIZ...you are the man...

yes, zolitz is the man. well, he's one of them. there are a few.

and while i cant condone personal attacks (that would be very unmoderator-like of me), i did find myself giggling a little.

still, lets all play nice. welcome to our home. hope you find everything you are looking to find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.