Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i am bout to get my Tc and i am pricing out all of the stuff i want to get for it, and i am not sure where to but a CAI or a SRI. So if some one could tell me where the best air intakes are sold i would appreciate it greatly

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Super Tc@Sep 26 2005, 11:42 PM
****, thats where to BUY a CAI or SRI
Next time you can just click the Edit button in the top right of yuor post and not have to make a new post "fixing" your mistakes. Oh and go ahead and do a search for what you are asking and you'll find your answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
go with cold air....it's much better for your motor.

many people say it only works well when you have a turbo, but think of it this way...
you want air to enter your motor as quick as possible and exit as quick as possible. the colder the air, the denser = the more air you get into the motor.

CAI f'sho!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Save the money, put it toward a turbo.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
How often do you drive through a foot of water?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
CAI's and water have been argued over lots.... Just get the AEM Bypass valve and you should be fine

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
or, save your money and put it towards a turbo. unless you really like the noise generated by an intake. cause you wont get anything else out of one.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you see here i am just going for an intake because i do not have the money to get one, if i did then i would get a turbo/ and about the intakes, the only ones that i have seen are Injen and K&N, is one better than the other. Because i know that the Injen is a bit more expensive but that doesn't mean that it is better

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
IMHO, they're all a waste of money. You will get little more than a noise increase and failure to comply with emissions standards for a ULEV. Save the money for something that will make a difference like the supercharger or a turbo system.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
well, there really isnt a pretty cheap turbo or supercharger out there. they are all going to run above 2500. and forced induction is not something to go cheap with. the right kit for the right application with the right installer and all that. its not as easy as buying a turbo and throwing it on. well, almost for some people, but not really.
dont get me wrong, if you want to run an intake, cool. just dont expect it to do much of anything for you performance wise. if i had to spend 300 bucks right away on my tC, i would probably buy a new set of springs and a short shifter, if i hadnt already done both those. but thats just my .02 - go with what makes you happy. as far as intakes go, i know people with the K&N Typhoon and the Weapon R secret weapon. both are quality parts (in that they wont hurt your tC at all) and they are easy to install. its going to sound faster (whatever that means, but you know what i am saying), but thats about it. its your car, build it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well see along with the intake i'm gonna get a cat-back and headers/ and all of the other good suspension stuff. So do you think with that stuff on the intake would help a bit

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No. I don't think it will change anything but the noise level.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
also, with your headers, be prepared to have the CEL come on. there are O2 simulator out there, anti-fouler gadgets and what not, but even with that, i have heard people cant get rid of the CEL. and, headers on the tC make for one hell of a noise level increase.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.