Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, ive been goin over and over it in my head and evertime i come to a decision I end up changing my mind. I live in miami...So it gets HOT. Pluse some alot of roads tend to flood and big puddles can be hard to see at night. So i originally wanted a CAI for the hp and becuase of heat soak. But then i was afraid of sucking up water becuase i didn't see a puddle. And im torn between the two worlds. I was lookin into an icebox but there really hasnt been one released or even in the works as far as i know. So, I was wonderin what the heat soak is like from people who have SR. Any opinions would be appreciated. thanks guys

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Not worth it... those intakes have metal which suffer from MASSIVE heat soak. You are better off keeping the stock intake system and just getting the TRD air-filter (or when you are drag racing or auto-xing take it out completely). The only reason to have one is for bling.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any noticable gain with a drop in filter? And what about sound?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Sound is unchanged, it "feels" a little better up from 4k, and that's about it. I bought my K&N because it will be the last air filter I buy for the tC. If it gains power, great. I bought it because it's economical.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, becuase i wana be safe from heat soak and hydrolock but i want a meaner sound. lol, i think im gettin a bit greedy here. Living in Miami, what would you do?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
zoltiz's SRI. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The sound seems to come from the area between the MAF and the TB. Be the fiirst guy to pick up some of that "Build your own intake" stuff from Spectre, and smooth it out from airbox to TB. That should get you some more noise. If it works out for ya, maybe the rest of us will give it a try.

Come on, you know ya wanna. All the cool kids are doin it. Seriously though, I want someone to do it before me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.