Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the frist really beneficial thing i have picked up on the myspace tC forum...this is pretty crazy

INterior cabin filters

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
This was up on this site sometime last year. The car does not come with a cabin air filter, and there's some good reason for it, but I don't remember the reason. Do a search if you care.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Greenfire@Apr 19 2005, 08:09 PM
There is no filter in place when you buy the car?? I find that hard to believe.
What's with you and not trusting people who have the car for almost a year?

Yes, the car comes with a tray and no filter. And I think Lance read somewhere in his magic books that the filter is not supposed to be there because it can cause some problems with HVAC. I don't remember the details and did not find the same stuff in my PDF version of Lance's magic books.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
One thing left to find - is the thread where Lance said that cabin air filter will do something nasty to your HVAC.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The search function results for "cabin filter" give this thread and an air freshner thread. Im well aware of how to use the search function, thank you.

If someone told you that your new car comes from the factory with out a cabin air filter (and assuming that a new car should) wouldn't the first words out of your mouth be questioning the accuracy of that information? Now I see that it is true and there may be a reason behind it. Definetly something to be aware of and Im glad I asked the question.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow here i am thinking theres no way that someone has already mentioned this, i thoguht i had looked everywhere....jeez i guess the search is not so much my friend, as it is my "aquaintance"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.