Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here so don't beat me with jumper cables if someone has touched on this. I looked through the site but couldn't find a "sure" answer.

This will be my first new car! I've been driving my 93' Civic VX hatchback since highschool(98') and its time to get a new car. I was orginally looking at the Mazda3 hatchback, but tC offers everything I want for a few thousands less and in a very stylish package. All the dealerships around me(Houston, TX) have about 40 tC's and and about 15 of them are manuals but they come stock without any of the features I want like 18" wheels. Now I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to go to the dealership and have them order my parts and install them or order online and have "my" tC delivered? I so desperatly want a new car, but must wait a few months before I can afford one! I'm just doing research so when the time comes I'm ready to go. Thanks for any responses!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
well, i think that more and more aftermarket parts makers are gonna catch on as the time goes by. Their parts will probably be cheaper than the ones offered at the dealer, and if you could do the installs yourself, then you'll definitely save a ton of money. It also depends on what you want to do with your car, b/c the general feeling that I get from a lot of ppl's posts is that if you want serious performance and flare, then you should probably wait till others start making performance parts. If you want a daily driver, i think that the parts that the dealer has to offer is plenty for you. Thats actually what i'm gonna be doing. I am planning on adding the AEM cold air intake and the TRD exhaust shortly after i get my stock tc. The onlyy other option that i chose were floor mats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this would be a daily driver that looks good and drives well. The EMX 18" wheels that www.scion.com offers is what I was talking about. I won't be puting on any performance parts so, aftermarket is not in my future. I was just wondering about ordering wheels, spoiler, and other accessories from the scion.com or having the dealer order them and put them on the tC on the lot. Just trying to get the best deal! Thanks for your response. Wheels are $218 a piece on the site.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by gcadams@Jul 13 2004, 11:33 PM
I was just wondering about ordering wheels, spoiler, and other accessories from the scion.com or having the dealer order them and put them on the tC on the lot.
It would probably be more expensive if you wait and have the dealer put them on. You will pay just as much for the parts and then you are going to have to pay you dealer an install fee. If its factory installed you won't be opaying your dealer to install the part. If you want to do it your self and save on parts check this place out.

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131

1 - 5 of 5 Posts