Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am going to buy my tc today. i hear that scion is no haggle price however people are still saying i can get a lower price. the no haggle price is 17,515 for an 06 automatic tranny. on kelly blue book and some other sources it says they cost 16,515 so the dealership is making 1,000 off each car? i'm not sure if i have this right but i was wondering how much everyone paid for their 06 auto. i don't want to get ripped off and im a little confused, i could be wrong with my thinking process but i am just wondering how true this no haggle really is. thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok so i as far as i know the 16515 is the base price, thats with 5 speed.... then there is a dealer/transport/fee that is from 200- 800 $$$ (i have checked with a few dealers around the country) i think auto cost around 800 to 1000 so 17500 is about right BUT you should get a stick... sticks ROCK!!! and they are real way to drive.... good luck

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
The no haggle price is 100%, you can NOT lower the price down any further than it is (as long as you are buying from a Scion dealership). The no haggle price means it can't be lowered, a lot of people are still scared by the "no haggle" approach and believe that is bullshit. Truth is, it isn't. It's 100% true. Go to the Scion website and do the "customize your car" web application there, you get to choose what dealer you go through, etc. When you are done print it out and when you show up (without showing them the price you got online) and give them the same exact options, etc you will be paying that exact amount... not a penny less or more (although some dealerships are giving away freebies).

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
you arent getting ripped off at all. 17715 is the base price of an automatic tC with NO accessories, after the delivery processing and handling fee of 515 that is on the window sticker of every new toyota that comes from japan. thats just what they cost. your dealer is charging you properly.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yep, when I bought an '05, the dealer makes only $800 profit. Now with the $200 increase they make $1000 profit. (Correct me if I am wrong about this) If you are just getting an '06 with just automatic as an option, the price of $17,515 is fair.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i'm getting complete base model. so i know 17,515 is fair now but i'm wondering what my out the door price should be around? i'm sure it depends on how good our credit is and stuff.. but anyone have an estimate.. my dad thought around 19 he figured about 2,000 more. i live in california.. so it is probably different for those of you in different states.

·
Registered
142 Posts
SCIONs are "pure pricing" that means every one with the same options/accessories pay the same price. There are NO negotiations when purchasing the car.

For example, if a base car is $17000 and you want iPod stereo ($260), spoiler ($325), floor mats ($145), then you add all those up and that's what you should be paying. NOT more than that number (less, may be but probably not).

I suggest that you go to SCION.COM and configure a car you want. Do a print out of what comes out and bring that to the deler.

That's the price you should be paying for your next SCION.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.