Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you tC owners, knowing what you know now - if you had the option to either wait for an 06 to get any possible system kinks fixed or just get one now, what would you do ?

Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I've heard rumors that the glass roof may be replaced next year with a standard roof. If that's the case, I would grab this year's model. I thing the current roof is one of the things that makes this car unique.

Some people have complained about rattles in the sunroof, and I've had a few myself. But I took the car in, and the problem was solved after they made the repairs outlined in the TSB.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I have had no problems with anything people have described yet, so I'd say go ahead and nab one!

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you are waiting anyway, you might be able to get the 2005 cheaper once the 2006 hits. But I see no problems with the 2005 model.

(I found my squeek - it was the stereo door.)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hmmm...picked my new tC up this morning. Wonderful car.

Only one problem though.

I can't operate the passenger side power window from my drivers controls! If I use the passenger side button, it's fine. However, I've got no control over it on the driver's side door. It really sucks that I have to take a brand new car in for service the second day I own it. Doesn't say much about the build quality I guess. I'm kind of disappointed.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No, don't take it in for service! It probably just wasn't reset properly. This will happen anytime the power wire is disconnected from the battery. There are directions on how to reset the power windows in the owner's manual. Basically, though, what you do is hold the switch DOWN for about 20 seconds, and then pull it up and hold it like that for about 20 seconds. After that, it should work fine.

Edit: To clarify, this is NOT a mechanical problem with the car and has nothing to do with build quality.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
^^^ What Marty said. Don't knock on build quality. Call your dealer and ask for a fourth free oil change, since they did not do the pre-delivery checklist thoroughly enough. They were supposed to reset windows and sunroof before giving you the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.