Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to ATL next Friday (8th) with some friends to see the Braves home opener. After that we're going to Makos in Buckhead (and we'll try not to get kicked out like last weekend) and coming back either Saturday or Sunday. Just wondering if anyone else is going to that game or will be around on Saturday/Sunday and interested in meeting up for lunch or something.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
I almost flipped when I saw the topic -- none of the other regulars on this site are interested in this kinda stuff. I'll be at the home opener though, if you want to meet up. I'm not sure if I gave you my number at the Chattanooga meet, so PM me. Go Braves!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll be in 218 Row 5 Seats 5-9. I know we're at least staying in Buckhead Friday night, maybe at the Intercontinental but probably Fairfield Inn to save some $$$. I'll PM my # to you.

So far looks like nobody else is a Braves fan.. even if you don't have tix you can still come down and party with us after the game!

· Registered
1,686 Posts
i like baseball.. just not a braves fan... go Padres!

· Registered
372 Posts
Well, I am a Braves fan, just not a fan of the way ATL does the traffic. I went to enough games to believe that the cops route the traffic just to get your vehicle attacked by some of the lovely ATL low life.

I'll save on the aggravation and read the paper the next morning.

Have fun!

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC@Apr 5 2005, 12:01 AM
Well, I am a Braves fan, just not a fan of the way ATL does the traffic. I went to enough games to believe that the cops route the traffic just to get your vehicle attacked by some of the lovely ATL low life.

Have fun!
It's actually somewhat less of a pain now than it used to be, if you know where to park. Also, MARTA is a viable option for going to Braves games.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I love the sound of that! Marty on the MARTA.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by GA tC@Apr 4 2005, 11:01 PM

Have fun!
I always buy a $10 parking pass online when I get my tickets.. I figure you're going to spend at least $10 on parking anyways and that way some little hoodrat kid doesn't take you for $10 when you try to park somewhere else (like the last NLDS game that I went to). And traffic isn't usually too bad if you know which way to go to get to the green lot, or whatever it's called.

At any rate, you're still welcome to join us in buckhead after the game.. we're staying at the fairfield inn and walking over to makos.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Oy. I hope they play better on Friday (and tomorrow and Thursday, for that better) than they have so far today.

· Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Apr 5 2005, 07:53 AM
It's actually somewhat less of a pain now than it used to be, if you know where to park. Also, MARTA is a viable option for going to Braves games.
MARTA?!?!

Now that is a real joke. My closest station is on 400. By the time I get there and get on. Crap, might as well go to Baccnalia (sp?) and have a superb meal. Rapid transit around here is a joke. I used to curse SEPTA while in the 'lovely' commonwealth of PA, but it makes MARTA look like a $3 drag queen.

Believe me, I love the path of least resistance, but in the case of MARTA, there is none where I am concerned.

Thanks for the tip though!

· Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Sideways@Apr 5 2005, 11:52 AM
I always buy a $10 parking pass online when I get my tickets.. I figure you're going to spend at least $10 on parking anyways and that way some little hoodrat kid doesn't take you for $10 when you try to park somewhere else (like the last NLDS game that I went to). And traffic isn't usually too bad if you know which way to go to get to the green lot, or whatever it's called.

At any rate, you're still welcome to join us in buckhead after the game.. we're staying at the fairfield inn and walking over to makos.
I am sorry, but I was not clear enough. Parking to watch a Brave's game has never been an issue. It's just that in EVERY game I have ever gone, snick, I get in. When the game is over, the ATL cops managed to shut down my exit to 75N and proceed to route me through the inner jungle of ATL. Why does one think carry permits are so poplular? After enough dicey events, I decided that the Braves are best watched off one's couch, where the most dangerous animal around is the cat I invariably trip over on the way to get a beer.
Um, and with the money I save, I can buy better beer!

I sincerely appreciate the invitation, and were it not for my plans to head out of town Satruday morn, I would most likely be there.

Warmest regards,

Dan

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC@Apr 5 2005, 11:55 PM
MARTA?!?!

Now that is a real joke. My closest station is on 400. By the time I get there and get on. Crap, might as well go to Baccnalia (sp?) and have a superb meal. Rapid transit around here is a joke. I used to curse SEPTA while in the 'lovely' commonwealth of PA, but it makes MARTA look like a $3 drag queen.

Believe me, I love the path of least resistance, but in the case of MARTA, there is none where I am concerned.

Thanks for the tip though!
I understand -- when I was living up in Duluth, it was the same thing. I had to drive for 20 minutes just to get to the Chamblee station before I could get on MARTA.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I don't know how marta was after the game but the parking lot didn't budge for about an hour.. great game though and we didn't get kicked out of Mako's this time! It did take almost 4 and a half hours to get back though thanks to 75 going down to 1 lane and backing up traffic almost into downtown ATL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.