Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006' TC brakes have been squeeling prety much since I bought the car. It only happens when I depress the brake slightly at speed of 40+. I took it to the dealer twice. They said that they forgot to put this"jelly" on my brakes from the factory. They applied the jelly, worked fine for a wek or so, now back to the annoying squeel.

I beginning to not like my TC soo much.

1.) Dealer screwed holes in front bumper for Jersey liscense plate (and I don't need a front plate). Really pissed. I took this one all the way to corporate Toyota and Scion. They claim that dealerships are "private franchises" and they do what they want. Still gapping holes in the front of my Sand Pearl TC.

2.) Headunit glitches frequently

3.) Brakes squeel frequently

4.) Squeeling noise when heat is turned on from fan blowing air out.

O yeah. How is everyone servicing they're car if only the "skilled technicians" are available during the week at dealerships. Or is that a bunch of BS as well.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
NJ state law requires the front plate. They have to drill it in. What dealership did you buy it from anyway?

There's no such thing as brake jelly....

How does your HU Glitch? I never had a problem with my '06 HU for the whole month and a half I used it

What squealing noise do you get? You turned the heat on and the fans make noise? That shouldn't happen.

Try taking it to another dealership, maybe? Where in Jersey are you?
There's 3 dealerships right close by here: Dayton Scion in North Brunswick on Rt 130 (They're good), Crystal Scion on Rt 22 in Green Brook (Good, too), and DCH Brunswick Scion on Rt. 1 in North Brunswick (Suck). Try taking it to maybe Dayton or Crystal if you're close?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Do you drive on dirt, gravel, sand, or salted roads? I'm not sure how that might affect your brakes or if it could cause squealing. Maybe you have a bum set of brake pads on there. I'm a a car noob though, so I really have no clue.

About the holes in your bumper... try http://www.bumperplugs.com . They can color match to pretty much any vehicle, and I think they have all of the tC colors. They're kinda expensive, but they claim it's because of the process they use to imbue the plugs with paint to better match your car and prevent fading... or something like that.

I have the iPod HU... haven't had any problems with it.

No problems with the heater or fans, either. The fans seem kinda noisy compared to other cars I've been in, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

Sorry if this isn't any help...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Oh yeah... Forgot about bumperplugs...

These little things shouldn't make you not like the car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
yea ive been hearing a squeeling when air comes in through the fan, which is why i press the bottom button that keeps the air out. No more problem. tht noise annoys the hell out of me. Also, i hear squeeling on my brakes, but i think its jus cuz i run em real hard and they are wearing out.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was just at AutoZone picking up some threadlock for my license plate bracket from 808 customs. I happened to notice there on the adhesive/lubricant isle that they had some brake lubricant that's supposed to stop the squeeling. I've never tried it personally and I can't recommend it, but perhaps it's worth a try if the squealing brakes are really getting to you. Maybe lo bux racer or someone else with more knowledge than myself (which includes quite a few people on these boards) can set you straight.

Good luck with all the issues you have with your tC. I'm sure once they are iron out, you will be more than happy with your car.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
My right rear brake squeals from time to time when it is cold. As soon as it gets a little heat in it, it stops. I never let it bother me.

There are lots of spoos and goos out there for stopping brake squeal. They all have different ways of stopping the problem. It's a fundamental element of brakes though. They will all squeal some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.