Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, 2010 Scion Tc . I replaced the computer module ($2K) master cylinder 3 times - seems to be the go to fix, bled lines with ea fix - all performed by toyota dealer and they still can;t fix the problem
Problem: Brake pedal suddenly goes all the way down until it can't go any further and no brakes whats to ever.
It happens infrequently but I always have to be ready with the emergecy brake. Its russian roulette. Does anyone have a fiix for this?

thank you,
Stan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, 2010 Scion Tc . I replaced the computer module ($2K) master cylinder 3 times - seems to be the go to fix, bled lines with ea fix - all performed by toyota dealer and they still can;t fix the problem
Problem: Brake pedal suddenly goes all the way down until it can't go any further and no brakes whats to ever.
It happens infrequently but I always have to be ready with the emergecy brake. Its russian roulette. Does anyone have a fiix for this?

thank you,
Stan
Its my understanding that

thank you,
Stan
U have a 4 channel brake system. ABS, Conventional, Parking and HCU. 1. I personally would check the valve function of the HCU. Hydrolic Control Unit can be bled w/ scan tool, but need the proper software. 2. Your ABS - An enhanced scan tool can test the Pump and Solenoid. 3. Conventional - as long as they bled from RR, RL, FR, FL and DID get ALL the air out, then the lines should be good. 4. Parking - can be adjusted, but that not ur issue. If all this has been done on top of everything u said had been done... then i would check the thickness of my pads and rotors. If that's good, then your going to want to reteach your computer how to idel again. By doing this it's like rebooting a desk top after defraging it. Anytime to change something on a scion this is suppose to be performed. Have ever experienced a cluster problem? The mother board behind the speed odometer goes bad and everything starts to work and not work on its own. I and so many other people have spent thousands chasing problem after problem just because the scan tool says so. When all u needed to do was adjust the computer. Anyway, if this doesn't help please let me know. I rebuild scions as a hobby. HCU VALVE CHECK for functionality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts