Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Um, it seems to me you shouldn't have to replace your brake pads until you're out of the standard warranty period...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would consider brake pad wear normal wear and tear and not covered by the warranty - are tires, wiperblades, etc. covered?
I answered my own question pg 11 of warranty manual states pads are not covered.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I wasn't meaning to imply that they would be covered by the warranty under any circumstances...was just saying that they last a long time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Marty, I realized what you meant after i posted the reply. I'll probably need new tires before brake pads. Their tread is fading fast. It will be nice to get a decent set of summer tires anyway.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just checked my pads a couple of days ago. The have well over 60% life left with 29K mi on my car. I know, I drive alot. Tires seem to be holding just fine. I rotate them every oil change.

·
Registered
843 Posts
We're initiating a test on the new TRD Pads and should have some results by the end of May or early June. It's going to be a basic amateur test for stopping ability and distance at 30 and 60 mph compared to the stock pads. We'll also have the drivers personal opinion on feel, etc.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.