Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know how to make the brake lamp on the hatch completly light up. i hate how its only a small portion.

also, does anyone know how to change the light bulbs in the reveiw mirrors?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don't think that the hatch lights are meant to completely light up. I'm not even sure if there are LED's on the ends that you could adjust, but I don't think so. As for the mirror lights, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i think the hatch brake light will light up completely all across when your headlights are on. at least it looks that way, not sure though. don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
No, I don't believe the 3rd brake light lights up the whole way. But if you open the hatch, you'll see two small panels where you can change the bulbs. There may be a way to get in there and add more lights. Not sure though. As for the side view mirror lights, I think you have to remove the mirror and do it from the inside. Once again, not sure...

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have some pics of the side mirror lights taken apart. i meant to do a wright up but way to busy. the light bulbs in the miirror cannot be changed form what i can tell. i took them apart and the wires run into the door and the bulbs are sealed in the plastic. no plugs either.

hell, i dont even remimber if i have posted this somewhere before or not. so here are some pics.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i took these after owning the car for about a week. i wanted to see about changing them out also. hope this helps. The second pic looks like a plug but it is not. it doesnt come out.

the 4th pic shows the wires running up into a harness that goes into the door. did not go far enough to see where the harness went to.

·
Registered
619 Posts
just found i had this one when i had to fix my windows seals after getting the windows tinted.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I bet Scion knew that if they made the bulps easily changeable, then everyone would have clear bulbs in there.....which on mirror-turn signals is EXTREMELY dangerous because its right at the driver's eye level and very distracting:) Just like how they make it hard to take the orange reflector out of the headlight!. - t

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Sep 8 2004, 11:03 PM
I bet Scion knew that if they made the bulps easily changeable, then everyone would have clear bulbs in there.....which on mirror-turn signals is EXTREMELY dangerous because its right at the driver's eye level and very distracting:) Just like how they make it hard to take the orange reflector out of the headlight!. - t
Speaking of the orange in the headlights....

Someone told me that for the inner-most orange light (clear casing, but orange bulb), that I could replace that with a clear bulb that burns orange....

1) Anyone know if that's possible?

2) If so, anyone know how to pull that bulb out of the headlight area? (I tried pulling on it a bit, but it's tight quarters...I was worried I was either gonna' break the bulb/wiring or break my hand...hehe.)

Thanks much!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I've replaced the front turn signal bulbs with clear/white ones. This is legal in many states, although you may want to check as to your particular state. I believe the left-hand one needs to be turned counter-clockwise to remove it. It's hard to get out the first time, but it gets easier after that. The right-hand signal, I'm not sure on -- but I seem to think it needs to be turned clockwise to remove it.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
We are most likely experiencing the side effect of hardcore search functionality usage.

-Ed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts