Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just to let everyone know that Scion just relesed a program called boost which gives anyone who buys a Scion from August 2, 2005- October 31, 2005 a reward prize of a choice of one of sixtten different prizes that you get when who purchase a Scion!!! Examples include iPod, Canon Camcorder etc. I am posting this message for I have created a protest for I believe that all 2005 Scion owners should recieve these awards---it's not fair that only later 2005 owners get awards or even older owners. Look at the awards at www.scionboost.com If we let our voices be heard we may get what we want---you never know!!! Besides, Scion suppose to be a company that is unique, offering all its customers special offers and incentives to owning their cars----it's bad enough that we can't negotiate prices and be on waiting lists to buy our cars!!! I don't mean to making it sound like i'm a crying baby---it's just that it ticks me off when Scion(Toyota) is giving away to every new customer a prize of their choice. I can understand if they give away crapy gifts but they are giving away high priced items like a Canon Camcorder, Apple ipod, Bose ipod sound station, 15'' lcd flat panel tv/dvd player, portable 9'' lcd/dvd player, GPS, etc. ---you actually choose which (one) you want---it is not a raffle or prize giveaway!!! These items are priced as high as $629.99 according to the flyer (Boost promo flyer) that I got at the dearler. To top it all off, two Toyota dealers I went to, were trying to charge me for the 2006 Scion magazines---don't get me wrong it's not Toyota's fault!! (the neat magazines that Scion produces every year

You can send your protest messages to [email protected] and at the contact section at scion.com --- also you can call the boost hotline at 1800 542 4690

·
Registered
186 Posts
So what you're saying is that scion owes us these prizes? Um, last I checked a retailer is free to run promotions whenever they want-- do you think that people who bought a GM car before the whole employee discount promotion should be eligible for rebates? In these cases it's not a matter of being fair--it's up to the retailer to run what promotions when they want to run them (within the confines of the law of course). I bought mine tc in Nov 04--I don't think I'm entitled to anything else than to what I agreed when I purchased the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
quityerbitchin, really.

you got a great car, for a great price. who cares about a $200 stupid gadget.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's perfectly fair. The promotion did not exist when we bought our cars. Perhaps I should complain to my bank because when my parents opened their first joint account after they were married in 1971, the bank gave them a toaster. My bank never gave me a toaster!

Get over it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
No, Marty, your parents should demand an exhange of their toaster for an iPod, like I got when I opened my Citi account. That's a better analogy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ummm...yea, what they said....

·
Registered
346 Posts
aw man! i bought my car 6 days ago! dang!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow, pretty intense stuff... when you order your scion and put 500 down does that mean you bought the car then or when it gets to the dealership and you actually pick it up is that when you buy it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought mine on August 1st!

I'm hoping my dealership was slow with the paperwork and I still get sent the access code.

It really sucks that the dealership told me NOTHING about this promotion nor had any advertising for it. I could have easily waited one more day before purchasing mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! I can't believe how many replies I have gotten all ready. I don't mean to making it sound like i'm a crying baby---it's just that it ticks me off when Scion(Toyota) is giving away to every new customer a prize of their choice. I can understand if they give away crapy gifts but they are giving away high priced items like a Canon Camcorder, Apple ipod, Bose ipod sound station, 15'' lcd flat panel tv/dvd player, portable 9'' lcd/dvd player, GPS, etc. ---you actually choose which (one) you want---it is not a raffle or prize giveaway!!! These items are priced as high as $629.99 according to the flyer (Boost promo flyer) that I got at the dearler. To top it all off, two Toyota dealers I went to, were trying to charge me for the 2006 Scion magazines (the neat magazines that Scion produces every year)!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
oh so this is what they're doing to move their old 05's instead of loweing the price huh? there are business practices where if you buy something like within 2 weeks of it going on sale, you can take it to customer service and they will give you back the difference. stores like clothing stores, target etc. do this. but i think that car dealerships are not as reputable/concerned about stuff like that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So wait im confused. Anybody who buys a scion after that date should get gift. Is that just on 05 models or does that applie to 06 models. I just bought mine and was told no suck thing. Should i go back to the dealer and say WTF?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You ass...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by robotsneedlove2@Aug 5 2005, 03:46 AM
there are business practices where if you buy something like within 2 weeks of it going on sale, you can take it to customer service and they will give you back the difference. stores like clothing stores, target etc. do this. but i think that car dealerships are not as reputable/concerned about stuff like that.
I don't see how it is any way "disreputable." Cars are nonreturnable. Everyone who buys a car knows that, at least if they bother to read what they sign. The head unit I bought went down $50 in price a month after I bought it...but why would that mean I am entitled to $50 back? I agreed to purchase it for the price I paid for it. That's how it works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.