Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any help as far as getting a flint mica tc painted to look brand new after some jealous kids key it! They got a circle on my drivers side door and a 2 foot scratch by the gas cap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Man.. that's just wrong. Kick me in the nuts, but nobody should ever mess with people's cars.

As far as getting your paint back to its original factory color... I recommend getting it done professionally, especially if you've got a 2 foot scratch. Some stupid kids did the same thing to my corolla a few years back. I had deep scratches on my driver side door. I bought at least 30 bucks worth of stuff from my local autozone to try to fix it, but nothing really worked.

You should try Maaco. Someone rear ended me when I was driving my corolla. I had 3 big ass scratches on my back bumper. Maaco quoted me at $200 to get it fixed. So I'm assuming a 2 foot scratch and a circle would be much less.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Get it done at CarStar they are all over the United States and most likely where you live, everything that I had done to my car paint wise on my old honda was done there and they do professional work, but for a price that they determine. They are really nice and friendly and their service is great you would and will not be dissapointed.

Matt

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
if the vandals are guys I hope they get into an accident involving their gonads. As for the paint, why not go back to the dealer to get a quote? you could also try a diy w/ the dealer paint. They usually sell the little bottles at the actual dealership. If they could fix it for ya, why not try?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by poopee514@Mar 25 2005, 01:37 AM
As far as fixing scratches though, I don't see how crappy it could be.
Even if the paint work looks good at first, and that's not a given, it can take months or years to notice the full effect of a bad paint job. Having one part of your car fade to a different color than the rest of it is not a great look.

Then again, if you're one of those people who likes carbon fiber hoods, trunks, etc., then maybe you'd *like* the look.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you do anything to incite the kids into keying your car... or did they just do it on their own? Either way, it totally sux.

Basilisk is right about Maaco. A kid I know had his beater car repainted by them to look better. It did look good at first, and from a small distance, but going up to the car you could see the paint was uneven and it also started to fade in random spots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't do anything to piss the kids or whoever off,a matter of fact all I do is go to work and go home,when I do go out we go about a half an hour away becuse their isn't much to do around here.All I can say is Thank God for Insurance because the estimate is $1100.00.No matter how you look at it I would just love to spend a minute alone with the person who did it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.