Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my tC on the 5th of this month, and I was wondering what body kits are out there. And also what size rims should I go, 18"s or 19"s I seen 19"s on one at a dealer, and they looked tight as hell, but would I have to shave the fender are anything so it wouldnt rub?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by bboy8012@Jul 6 2004, 03:51 PM
I just purchased my tC on the 5th of this month, and I was wondering what body kits are out there. And also what size rims should I go, 18"s or 19"s I seen 19"s on one at a dealer, and they looked tight as hell, but would I have to shave the fender are anything so it wouldnt rub?
congrats and welcome! not really sure if they will rub without cutting (chances are they will fit fine if the dealer was selling them on a car) but i would go with 19's. you can't beat the look!
Also, i dont know if their are any bodykits out for the tC yet... i've seen some pics of tricked out tC's but i dont think the kits are in production for the public yet. Im sure they will be available real soon though.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
619 Posts
i believe this review at Urban Racer has something about the tC rubbing with the 19s and it feeling heavy. From my experience with solo cross i wouldn’t go with that large of a wheal. You are just adding rotational friction. Which will only slow you down. If you go with 19s at least try and get a set that is lighter than the stock 17. That may counter effect the size, but maybe not. The largest i would go is 18's but that’s just my opinion. But if you are only going for show and no go, then go for it. It does look impressive. I can tell you that the 17's do look really small under those large beautiful flared fenders.

·
Registered
44 Posts
thats right.......there was some rubbing issues w/ the 19's......by the way....yes there is the stock factory body kit that is available for the car.....

heres what i would do.......i would get a 1.5-2.0 inch drop on the way w/ aftermarket springs.......change the shocks to aftermarket shocks........and get some really nice 18in rims......its gonna look clean

i think the car looks better w/o a body kit....but ive yet to see what blitz and veilside will unleash.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys, I guess I am going for all show and no go, cause my celica will have the go. But I found a link to a body kit, if any of you were intrested04 tC body kit

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by bboy8012@Jul 7 2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I guess I am going for all show and no go, cause my celica will have the go. But I found a link to a body kit, if any of you were intrested04 tC body kit
$900!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
619 Posts
maybe thats an imaginary price to go with the imaginary 04 tC

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got 20" MKW MK35's on my tC... they look amazing, filling out the fender/wheel well perfectly, and I've experienced no rubbing. The dealer actually is putting these on select models with no problems. The only issue with wheels (17-20") is the less common lugnut congfig (5X100) and the width of the wheel you can fit. My MKW's are 7.5" wide, but you could go up to 8" without being outside the fender. 8" would be nearly flush. 19" and 20" wheels that fit the tC are very few.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Err.. Pics?

How much do they weigh, btw?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I've seen this site - was just wondering what it looks like on tC

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 15 2004, 01:49 PM
Err.. Pics?

How much do they weigh, btw?
They probably weigh a TON! And i"m sorry, but to me, 20" rims belong on SUVs and Rappers cars... not on a "sports coupe". But hey, to each his/her own. oh yeah, and you don't get any rubbing at all? You must have like 30 series tires on there. Man, dont hit any bumps! With my hatred for all things chrome set aside... those wheels are very classy looking and well designed. Good choice! Just a little large for my taste. I would like to see pics though. Post some if you can!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts