1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
228 Posts
hmm... doesn't look as nice as i expected it to be, but not too bad... can you take a pic from a different angle? like straight to the corner (45º to the side and to the back)...

also, are the overlays still transparent? i mean if do you see the turn indicator through them at night?

hrmm...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
^^^ I think the one he has is solid... non transparent. The overlay is about 1 inch above where the turn signal part ends... so you could still see a little bit of the turn signal. I'd like to see pics of them from the side too...

I do like the smoked out third brake light... looks good.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
saw them in person yesterday when eric stopped by. he has all but the taillight overlays. from a distance, the smoked treatment looks nice. but after seeing them installed, i think i am going to pass.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Met zoltiz today and got to check these out up close. I think they look very nice. They are completely opaque. Nothing but the bottom portion shows on the signal, but its enough when he flips it on. I think these definitely make the tC look sportier. I'll be looking to get some of these done in silver. (Thanks to Zoltiz for being my guinea pig).

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I saw zoltiz's in person as well, yesterday when he helped* me install my subwoofer. I like them, but I don't think I'll get them myself (except for the third brake light overlay, which I still can't decide whether to get in smoke or red).

* By helped, I mean that he did 90% of the install while I kept him company. Thanks, Andrew!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buncha haters

It probably looks better in person. Redfish is the only guy who saw them installed, and he thinks about getting them.

I think they work really nice with the 3rd light smoked out - really cleans up the rear end, makes it look almost like a different car. I added a pic from 200 yards away where you can see 2 tCs - Jeff's (Redfish - silver) and mine (black). I asked several people who were with us - they noticed that cars don't look like the same make, too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hm, interesting look Zolitz!

But here is a question I'd like to see an answer on. If you use the opaque overlays, can you get in trouble with "johny law" for messing with car signal systems or the like? I know they don't do tickets like they used to for non-working car safety systems, but I'd like to know.....

Also, could it raise your liability if in an accident?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Law and safety are my primary concerns when doing stuff to the car, that's why I slightly "modified" bluebat's overlays - so now you can clearly see an inch of the blinker under the overlay. Actually on one of the pictures you can see how it looks lit up - perfectly visible during the day and even more visible at night. Raising liability in an accident is a possibility, though. Worst case, these overlays take 2 seconds to peel off

If you click between dscn1037.jpg and dscn1038.jpg it would look like the blinkers are working. I can make a video if you guys want to see it in action...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys,

I like the idea of creating a devious look to the car. It reminds me of the Subaru WRX tail lights, it gives the impression your up to no good. While the Subaru's running lights are at the top, which illumates all the time. BMW 2005's tried to copy it, but that angled devious shaped only shows when the turn signal is on. Due to the fact of the turn signal is at the top of the tail light. Opps. Same thing for the TC, your not going to get that angled shape, unless you entirely cover the upper turn signal portion.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Im interested in getting a white overlay for the third brake light. He says he has them, but Im hoping someone else will get one and post pics soon. If not I might just go for it.

(I obviously have a SW Tc)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No, smoked meaning darkened.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Xman,

I like the fact that you keep the same line of the car. From the side all the way to the back end, while using your smoked edge. Does your turn signal show up day or night underneath the smoked out portion?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts