Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I had mentioned to some of you earlier, I put some bright blue LED bulbs in the parking lights. I bought them off eBay and will be glad to post the seller's name on here if anyone's interested.

Unfortunately, these are daytime pics, so you won't get the full effect. I'll post some pics taken at night when I can remember to take them!

Your comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah, they are real blue. do you have a picture of the actual blub unlit?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
those look really neat but could do me a favor and take a night shot that is from the exact sane angle as the alst pic you posted. i really like the idea of this mod.

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah some states have a problem with color lights. especially blue and red which are supposed to be on emergency vehicles only. but i still like the way it looks

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Those are only parking lights and you cannot really see the blue when you have your headlights on.
I don't think the cops will be able to tell...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Here is a pic of mine... at night... It is by no way comparable to basilisk4's blue. Only the parking lights are on...

here's one from the side...

·
Registered
614 Posts
imasaf, yours light up white, so yeah you won't have a problem
but with only the parking lights on, basilisk4's light up really blue or at least the pictures make it look like they do. that's all i meant.

·
Registered
936 Posts
could we get some night shots without flash ....... that would be helpful. BTW i think those look great, wondering about legality......but thats what makes it fun! - t

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hahaha... sorry i would take some night shots without flash if I only knew how to set my digicam... lol.. sorry guys... theres too many options and settings... i don't know how to turn the flash off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm interested

who'd you get it from or what can i search on eBay?

also were they plug and play? and how easy is it to install? ie... open up headlight housing?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Looks hella nice. Hope that worst case the judge will bail you out, Marty

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
That looks awesome!! I know here in VA the cops would love to write me little love letters every time they saw those!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They're the same as the normal parking light bulbs...194, I believe.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by Eric+Sep 20 2004, 07:29 AM-->QUOTE (Eric @ Sep 20 2004, 07:29 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-onefunkyfreshdj
@Sep 17 2004, 07:00 PM
That looks awesome!! I know here in VA the cops would love to write me little love letters every time they saw those!!
LOL ... is that what those are? If so, I must have a lot of admirers in CHP
[/b]
Me too Eric, but I'm always the one who pays for our boring dates!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts