Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Sorry its been a while but I have been busy this new year starting my own business and getting that off the ground. This hread is a followup of the one i posted a few months ago about my girls blown motor due to lack of oil...go figure.

After getting the first motor swapped in..went to start it and did nothig. Came to find the motor the wrecker sent to us was the wrong one and was locked up..so after back and forth call I got them to send us the correct one. Did the second motor swap in the middle of my street as my house does not have a driveway. Myself and 2 buddies did this swap in hit shy of 5 hours from hood up to hood down which I thought was pretty quick...ran into typical problems like seized bolts and whatever but after a while and a few beers we got it done...needs a tune up but other than that ir runs pretty good.

After we were sure it was running.right we put her 2.5" drop springs on the followig day..and I will say that ill never want to do that again....F taking apart the trunk just to get to 6 bolts...

Will be adding pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
here are some photos of the motor swap as well as both of our cars. as her car sat for weeks we thought of things to do to it. i managed to paint her bumper flat black (evo x style) and her interior accents in high gloss hot pink. my car if far from done but i figured id add photos of mine as well.

AND DONE...

and my baby... hers is still a work in progress...debating boosting the TC as well.

both

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
wow nice job. You probably saved butload of cash doing the swap yourself. Give you mad props. I don't have the skills or knowledge by no means to that kind of work lol.

Also in the dodge, did you paint the valve cover yourself? looks pretty good; engine bay looks pretty clean too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow nice job. You probably saved butload of cash doing the swap yourself. Give you mad props. I don't have the skills or knowledge by no means to that kind of work lol.

Also in the dodge, did you paint the valve cover yourself? looks pretty good; engine bay looks pretty clean too!
Yessir.... That's what I do...trim and specialty paint and details...

I have two spare tc valve covers ill be doing and selling if interested.... Lmk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts