Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say, I love my Scion tc., but I have a problem. In just 8 mos. of ownership, my 2005 tc has developed blotches on both front seats. The seats have only been vaccumed for cleaning, no chemicals. I even park in a covered lot, so sun fading was not the cause. I complained to my dealership at my 15K servicing and they ordered new seat covers for me, but only for the seat bottoms. The service mgr., I call him "Chuckles", said that Scion would not approve full seat cover replacement. He was a real P...K. When I pointed out that a used tc sitting on his lot for resale, had the very same blotches, he said that the best he could do was one seat back and the 2 bottoms. UH-HUH!!! I asked what the "bumper to bumper" warranty meant to Scion, but he would not budge. Guess I was supposed to be satisfied with 1 and 1/2 nice looking front seats. To top it off, the installer broke 2 seat levers and they didn't tell me. I found out after I got home. Soooo, I got on the phone to Scion. So far, they have been quick to intervene and see that my seat covers are ALL replaced and the levers replaced. Just to be clear my problems have only been with the dealership's handling of service, not Scion. They have been great on the corporate end.

I had no blotching in the back seats, but the front seats looked terrible. Anyone else have this problem? I'm certain it was a bad dye-lot of upholstery. I just hope the replacements hold up better.

"BETTER FOR YOU TOM?"

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got that too--but just on the driver's seat. I wasn't sure what that was. I thought maybe it got wet. I might have to try the Bissel. pneal -- I've had similar bad experience with dealer service. It seems like they cause more problems than they fix. If a steam cleaner takes care of this, great.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Have you tried Scotch Guarding your seats? That's the first thing I did as soon as I got my tC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you tried Scotch Guarding your seats? That's the first thing I did as soon as I got my tC[/b]
I didn't on the original seats, but certainly will on the new ones. Hopefully, whatever the dye "defect" is in the originals, won't be in the new covers. I've got to assume that dye-lot was all used up by now. I'm certain nothing got on my seats to cause those spots. However, it is weird that the backseats look perfect. Maybe two different factories made the seatcovers. Who knows?

·
Registered
115 Posts
got 'em too...nasty lookin'! It appears to be from water drops when opening doors after rain which would explain why there are none on the backseats. Let me know if the Bissel works...I'm afraid to try cleaning if water drops cause that much damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With so many strict guidelines on warranties, I was afraid to even try a cleaning agent. That's why I have only vaccumed the seats. If I used a cleaning product and the dealer said, "Too bad, you just voided your EXTENDED warranty", I'd have lost it for sure.

Doesn't matter now anyway. The Scion rep at my dealership is replacing the seat covers, at no cost to me. They've been great!! Rick McGill's Toyota, however, have been D..K's. Dealing with their service department has been a nightmare.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just recently got that problem taken care of at the dealership. they cleaned out the "rain spots" as much as they could and it was under warranty. take it back and make sure they clean it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
wow, i cant believe you went to the dealer and had them replace your seat cover for someting that is easily fixed by some cleaner. i used the oxy magic cleaner and those spots came right now!!! imagiine that!!! now i can understand if the cloth was coming apart, now thats someting that is under warranty, but getting the covers replaced under warranty for something that can be easily fixed? then bitch about how bad service the dealer gave? they did more than they should have for you, i would have been very thankful, most wouldnt have gotten that. warranties are for when things break because of mfg error not get dirty. i wonder if they dealer will replace my whole car because i havent washed it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have white lines on my two front seats, which are horrible! The dealership keeps giving me the run around on this and all of the other many problems and I haven't gotten anywhere. When a tech finally looked at my seats he decided it was normal wear and tear (surprise surprise they're covering their own a$$es again).

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
A lot of people seem to be experiencing it. Just try steam cleaning it. I have them too but it's not that noticeable.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
What the hell do you guys do to your seats?? I've had mine longer than any of you and they look the same as they always did.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have those same spots. And since it has BARELY rained here in CA, and that it wasn't there until recently, what IS IT!!!! I was going to try to clean it, but wasn't sure what it was. I thought, maybe it was from me sliding in and out. But spots?

Did the steam cleaning work for anyone?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.