Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking into upgrading some of the audio components in my car and I came across Blaupunkt. A couple of people I have talked to really like them and say they are damn good... and the question is, what is your personal experience with them? Quality, longevity, and customer service. That's what I'm looking for.

http://www.blaupunktusa.com/BlaupunktUSA

I'm looking at subs, amplifiers, and speakers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i never saw anything they made that sounded better than a product i had heard of, for the same amount of money...i tend to trust the bigger name brands especially for car audio.

But i have definately heard of them, but i dont know anyone that chose them over a big name brand

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They have been OEM in Mercedes-Benz cars longer than I have been around. I've only had one of their products installed in a car, and it was because I got it ridiculously cheap (it had a bright yellow face, and they couldn't give them away). I never had any trouble with it, but I didn't use it all that much either.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
My boss has a Blaupunkt HU in his Civic and it seems pretty good to me. He runs his speakers off an amp so I don't know how well it would drive the speakers on its own. Its got some nifty features and a nice display but I have liked their designs all that much.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a Blaupunkt Nevada head unit for over 4 years. It was okay. Nothing great but for the price was okay. I personally would say go for Alpine. But that's just me....

·
Registered
515 Posts
I sell them. The most popular products are the powered tubes. They put out some decent bass for people nothing to extreme. They are most known for their "NOS" bottle 8" subwoofer. There stuff is really cheap so don't pay to much. I don't think they sell anything over 200.00

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mercedez Benz has not used Blaupunkt for quite some time, They now use Alpine to manufacture most of their audio components. Most Blaupunkt products are built by other manufacturers now. I know that most of their head units are built by Sony.

·
Registered
515 Posts
er sorry about my previous post was a busy day and got the two companies mixed up.

Still a good product, their speakers are really cheap in price nothing over 100.00 there headunits and video products are reasonable too but some products can be 800 - 1,000 dollars though. If there is a specific product your looking for by them let me know I can probably get you a really good deal on them.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Speaking of Blaupunkt, here's a MUST SEE from them!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My grandmother has the blaupunkt system in her mercedes, it sounds really nice for a stock 8 or so year old car. Sounds alot better than the infinity system in my friends Chrysler, but then again the mercedes is twice the price. My dad said they were great in the 80's when he used to sell electronics tho, personally i think all of thier products are very ugly. So basically I have heard of them, thats the only answer ive got.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i dont see how you couldnt have heard of blaupunkt, they are real old school. i remember that commercial on robocop for a car with a blaupunkt radio lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.