Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i am going to try to help Ksass (tearCatcher) to black out his grille. with my previous experience on my volkswagen, i sanded down the grille then primered it then resprayed it with a gloss black....would it be fine to do this to his tC?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The stock tC grille is plastic, so I'm not sure that sanding it would work very well. Also, I'm not really understanding what you're trying to do, since our grille is already black.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I sure hope he means the Emblem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
ive been wanting to do this to mine for a while now... let me know how it turns out

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the part is plastic, VHT* Vinyl Dye might work (comes in a spray can). I've sprayed many plastic parts with this stuff and it doesn't peel off the way spraypaint will over time.

I just cleaned the area thoroughly with soap & water & then wiped all the residual soap film and dust with rubbing alcohol right before spraying. Looks great.

*Might come in other brands too, but this is the one I use. I like it because no sanding is required, and no peeling after 5 years...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.