Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of stripping ths paint off the stock 17's and having them black chromed on my silver streak mica. I really like the stockers, but want to be different than every other tC out there. Also, instead of debadging, have all the badges black chrome electroplated. I think it would set it off. Just to be different w/o having to replace w/ aftermarket. Wuddouthink?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thought you liked rice in your burritos?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by sarsipius@Aug 6 2004, 04:00 AM
Thought you liked rice in your burritos?
Rice would be to tape them off w/ masking tape and spray paint them black w/ Krylon or to replace them w/ black steel wheels. To take the time and do it right by having them professionally black chromed would be adding some class to an already cool looking wheel, IMO. Sorry you think it's rice, but I won't be eating my wheels for lunch today. Haha.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think thats a good idea... it will go very nice with your dark tint...
There's a thread in ScionLife with a picture of some dark rims on a BSP that look Hot Hot Hot!!! I was gonna find it for you but the site is down as usual again. Anyways... its from LongoScion... you can look for it if you want.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was just poking fun relax. Gunmetal would look tight. I had gun metal Motegi MR7 17's on my last ride. Thought about that on the tc but liked the stock rims. I think debadging the tc and gunmetal on the scion logos would work well. Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
409 Posts
yah i think those wheels look really hot on that car, i loved polished lip and same color wheels as the car itself, how much would it cost to paint the stock wheels tho, you are going to powder coat? if the cost is a lot maybe you should just get new rims =) but i guess it depends

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman@Aug 6 2004, 12:15 AM
I was thinking of stripping ths paint off the stock 17's and having them black chromed on my silver streak mica. I really like the stockers, but want to be different than every other tC out there. Also, instead of debadging, have all the badges black chrome electroplated. I think it would set it off. Just to be different w/o having to replace w/ aftermarket. Wuddouthink?
You might as well get one of those glowing H honda emblems for the back while you're at it....just to make it different than all the others.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 6 2004, 05:05 PM
You might as well get one of those glowing H honda emblems for the back while you're at it....just to make it different than all the others.
now thats not very nice.

do it greg, and let me know who you found that can do black chrome electroplating. all i can find around here is gold. and i'll be damned if i put anything gold on my ride.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 7 2004, 12:28 PM
Not to sound like a jerk...........but the wheels on our cars are "black chrome" - t
Your not being a jerk at all. And you are correct, our rims are painted to have the appearance of a black chrome finish, but real black chrome plating has a much deeper and more brilliant look to it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You might as well get one of those glowing H honda emblems for the back while you're at it....just to make it different than all the others. [/quote]
Take the time to actually read the post, not just blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. You'll se that I have no intentions of removing or replacing any of my emblems. Also, If you've seen my pics, you'll know that I've done absolutely nothing to make my ride rice. I'm talking about subtle changes that will add class and style to my ride. BTW-If I were to add such an emblem, it wouldn't be different at all...I'd be as unoriginal as every other ricer out there. So how can you compare this to getting the wheels re-chromed?? Next time, think, before you speak. Thanx.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ spoken like a true ricer...

just messing with you, eric.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry Eric. I shouldn't let it get the best of me. I was just looking for constructive criticism, not sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
if you can get someone to do it professionally, and do a great job, i say go for it. Post pics so that we can appreciate your ride when you get the "rim job" done. :c)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts