Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is mainly for people who have had white cars, or cars with lighter colors, as I've noticed as I wash my car, the initial bird poop comes off, but this yellowish residue seems to be "baked" into the paint. Now I've tried many things as scrubbing, warm water, leaving warm water on it for like 5 min, warm water + soap, extra soap extra scrubbing, and to my dismay, nothing has worked. Honestly, you can't relaly tell there are those lil spots, but I can and thats all that really matters, so my question is how do i get rid of these spots? My friend said that it would happen eventually, and i really can;t do anything about it, so now i carry paper towels and wipe off any bird dropppings on my car as soon as i see them, but besides that what else can i do to the stains that are already there?

thnx - phammerz (i drive a superwhite tC)

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I don't know if clay barring it could help, but TCrazy could probably drop some knowledge here.

One thing that's worked great for me is preventative waxing. I put multiple coats of Zaino on my car before a bird took a steamy dump on it. I used a little Z6 (detailing spray) and it came off like the car had teflon on it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Its to late for Zaino now, but in the future I suggest you get 3-5 coats on there to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

For the existing stains you MIGHT have some luck with a claybar but i doubt it. My suggestion is to pick up some 3M Swirl Mark Remover or 3M light rubbing compound to take the stains out. You will not do damage to the paint by using a really light rubbing compound but it will take the oxidation of the bird-droppings off without a problem. Best of luck!!!!!!!! - t

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Good advice t. My tC is also super white, but I havent noticed any markings from bird poo. i wonder what they eat? haha... anyways... good luck getting those marks out. May take some time.. but make sure that after you get them out.. to do some waxing or zaino-ing to help protect your paint from any further poop bombs!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
My Eagle One has served me just fine...no bird #### residue here. Oh, and still shiny after three weeks. And it cost ten bucks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
WAAAAA!!!! The birdies got me today!
It was on my car for less than half a day cause it wasn't there when I came back from lunch. Once I saw it... I removed it immediately.... but it still left marks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
^^^ Nope.... all 5 coats of it... honestly I don't know how many layers of the Zaino the birdie poop penetrated through... I tried to use the quick detailer and that removed the poop but still left a mark on the car...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yah, bird poop is goign to be the last of me, after i finish my SAT's on saturday, im going to sit down on sunday and give my car like 5 layrs of good wax, after that i give up, =(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Zaino, Eagle One, Meguires.....1 coat, 3 coats, 5 coats. None of this matters. Bird chit has always caused this problem. The best thing you can do is be aware of the chit on your car. Get it off ASAP. Compounding it MIGHT work, but its something those of us with the super(pimp) white have to deal with.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I only had bird poop on my car once so far, and I got it off pretty quickly...no marks. Lucky, I guess...that, and I park in a covered area 99% of the time...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Well, you can't cover the car all the time. Just need to watch for those bomb-dropping birds and have your Z6 handy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought the car cover from scion that is a custom fit....they did not take into account the pedestal spoiler. It is a little high on the back side...and you have to remove the antenna or put a hole in your cover...something I was not into. I bought a mini antenna and it works fine but no reception.(not like I listen to the radio anyway)
California Car cover makes awesome covers....just be sure to let them know of you body options.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts