Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my car and today I got a clear bra on it
and went out and bought some cleaning products.

I got the Meguirar's Gold Wax and the Mcguiar's Deep Crystal wash and also the Meguirar's Hot Rims cool care all wheel cleaner. What wheel cleaner does everyone here use? How often do you use it? Does it even matter?

·
Registered
614 Posts
i don't use any wheel cleaner. i just spray the wheels with the hose and then wipe them off with a towel. that cleans them just fine. that way i never have to worry about some wheel cleaner staining my brake calipers or making my wheels peel. be careful with tire foam too. i don't use that stuff either.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I use Simple Green wheel cleaner. Anyone who has used regular simple-green cleaner in the past knows that its some good stuff.........now they released a foam wheel cleaner and its pretty good and biodegradable + non toxic. - t

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Oct 10 2004, 06:19 AM
I use Simple Green wheel cleaner. Anyone who has used regular simple-green cleaner in the past knows that its some good stuff.........now they released a foam wheel cleaner and its pretty good and biodegradable + non toxic. - t
I haven't seen that yet... I'm using Meguire's right now and it works really well, but I like the foaming stuff because it seems to lift the dirt off better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Anyone have this happen? I sprayed my wheels with a hose and the Scion emblem in the middle of the wheel popped out and the brackets on the back broke. Cost me a trip to the dealer for a new one.

Is it bad, other than that, to spray water on the wheels, just for cleaning?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Jesus Christ, are you using a fire hose to clean your wheels? There's no need to use high-pressured water on them.. a medium-pressure to light pressure will work just fine, depending on how dirty they are and/or how much you want to scrub. And no, it is not bad to spray water on your wheels.. it just might not work all the time.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I only use high pressure water. About 1300psi, to be exact. A bit of JetDry in the rinse tank and they don't water spot.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Same here, high pressure works the best. I was just explaining that it's not needed. By the way, I've used a few tire shines and they work alright but it's not really worth it to me. You drive on the road-- you get crap on your tires.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Oh snap! Jet dry! I didn't think of that! If I'm washing down my car myself, I'll remember that!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Actually, I was just using my garden hose at medium pressure when the Scion emblem popped out.

I use the Armorall tire cleaner spray and it really loosens the dirt on the wheels. You can then just spray it off with water. However, I wouldn't recommend any other Armorall product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts