Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i haven't yet bought my Tc yet but i was wonderding if i could get some advice on who makes the best springs, shocks and sways. I would just get the TRD stuff, but it just doesn't lower it low enough for me and its just to expensive.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Tein SS-Ps or Progress. Either are pretty adjustable and likely to meet your goals. Expect to spend ~$1200 for either of them.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You said best. Not best for $600. For that you are looking at installed springs only.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There are only two choices. TRD for the rear only, or Hotchkis front and rear. Needless to say, the Hotchkis is much more expensive. Most people are happy with just the TRD bar in the back, and it's pretty reasonable. It's also a lot easier to install and has no issues to overcome. The Hotchkis front is showing some issues with certain suspension combinations.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It hits from time to time under normal driving condtions. I thought it wouldn't, but I've heard it hit a couple of times and I looked at it again today and it is still hitting.

·
Registered
346 Posts
on a side note, i was gonna get the trd shocks and springs. would both the front and rear hotchkis sways fit on that subtle suspension?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They'll fit, but until I finish the work on the links for the front, adding the front bar isn't a good plan.

BTW, I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but Hotchkis says the problem only exists with Tein suspension so they have no plans to address the issue. Unfortunately, this is not what I am reading on Scionlife, so it's up to me to solve the problem.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ i can certainly back that up. that front bar looked like it was going to give us some problems when we put it in. looks like it really did. let me know how that fabrication works out for you, lance. i am on the fence about the hotchkis sways, and i dont want it to be a problem. i would use your parts in a heartbeat.

now, since i am never afraid to plug for Ken at sparks, here is a link to a set of the hotchkis springs, with front and rear sways, in one package price. for a freakin great deal.

ken OWNS

·
Registered
346 Posts
so hold off on the front sway for now?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah, for a week or so 'til I get this sorted out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.