Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a link the best before/after shots of the springs I've ever seen.

They are the same light, angle, distance, etc...it really shows the difference well.

The springs are a definate necessity! Nothing majorly dramatic, but it reduces the HUGE wheel well gap!

http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/springs/

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ You're right, you could totally see the difference. It looks hot w/ the springs, but I don't think i'll be getting them b/c i have a bump in my driveway, and need that extra gap so I don't mess up the car.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think there is another link that said purchase and install totalled about $300.00. SO I'm guessing install is around $90-100.

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
guys, be prepared for 300+ dollar install quotes all day long. Dealers are making BANK off these springs, and will continue to do so because they know that people wont touch their own new car........and people want to keep the factory warranty. Most quotes ive seen are around $700.00 in many different states etc.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I think MAYBE he was confused when I asked about the spring install or something. All the other prices were great......

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 4 2004, 04:03 PM
wtf? ouch...

I couldn't remember if you said you got it at Maita - I was hoping you were going to say Roseville, Folsom, anywhere but Maita
Damn. My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
why don't you just install them yourself. Go to your local pep boys, or auto zone, or even Napa and rent a spring compressor for $20. Then just set a couple hours apart and have some fun. It shouldn't be hard at all on a brand new car. Oh yeah, and make sure you got some cold beer on hand and you're somewhere where you can swear and not offend old people!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts