Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was coming home from work and I stopped at a red light...Car pulls up next to me (civic si 2000 red with fart can)...He looks at me and stares...im like ur gay...Vrooom i revv at him...he revvs and I can hear his revvs stay up so I stay revved at 2300 rpms....light goes green boom, I take off on him like an inch, I hit 2nd gear and Im up by almost a half a car...His engine gets a lot louder (Vtec i think) and he comes almost side by side...I hit 3rd gear and I cant lose him and we're side by side and going about 65 now ( I know im wrong for racing )...he wont pull on me and I wont pull on him so I let off and he hazards as if he won...Hmmm dont think This si was stock at all (im driving a stock tC manual) and Ive never only hung with an Si 2000 coupe...Ive beaten a few...I know its always talked about but do you gusy think a stock 2000 si coupe hits 15.1-15.4 qtr mile????....theres a guy on scionlife dissing our tC's as if the 2000 civic si's murder us due to their OH SO POWERFUL Vtec hehe...does anyone agree/dissagree???

·
Registered
272 Posts
the 00 si is sposed to do 15.6-15.7 same as a stock tc. shoul be a drivers race...whcih it seems like it was. if u beat 99-00 si's before u were either a better driver or it was a fake badge

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ZEROmotorsports@Nov 12 2005, 01:43 PM
the 00 si is sposed to do 15.6-15.7 same as a stock tc. shoul be a drivers race...whcih it seems like it was. if u beat 99-00 si's before u were either a better driver or it was a fake badge
urmmm lets see...stock si 99-00's doing 15.6-15.7???...its really impossible, I mean yes theyre rated at 15.6-15.7's but the best Ive seen an si even with i/h/e has ran is 15.9 qtr mile...Never have I seen a basically stock civic si run mid 15's...Ive even ran one before at the track and they dont feel as quick as my tC (stock) and Ive only ran 16.1 with an si with i/e/h...I know Ive revved the si perfectly for the launch and also powershifted everygear til the end of the track...so youre telling me its a drivers race???...I believe you it is but the tC has a big advantage over any civic si (basically stock)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.