Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there is no way to "pump up the power" properly without spending some money. you can go intake / headers / exhaust, and maybe gain a little HP, but to get significant power increases forced induction is going to be needed, or NOS (not too expensive, but watch the shot size).

·
Registered
426 Posts
umm dont know how accurate that is..but beating a Celica GT-S is way to much power for the tC to beat..maybe the driver..a GT would be believable..but like inevitable said, there is no way at all to boost up power without spending money..

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
ive taken a GTS or two. not off the line, but while freeway dancing. and i have been taken a time or two by them.

certainly a driver's race with those cars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
actually thats not accurate either to be honest..GT-S Celicas are monsters in the high end of the power band and thats where they thrive..thats where the VVT-Li really shows its potential..off the line maybe, but in a freeway race no way..but like every single race thread on here, its all about the driver..good stuff though

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jun 21 2005, 07:30 PM
ive taken a GTS or two. not off the line, but while freeway dancing. and i have been taken a time or two by them.

not that i am bickering, just wondering - how can my statement not be accurate? ive beaten them, theyve beaten me. like i said, driver's race. perhaps i shouldnt have said "not off the line" without qualifying it. i meant that as in, i havent had one next to me at a stop light yet. and the gts 0-60's .5 seconds faster than the tC, from the factory specs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod+Jun 23 2005, 07:05 AM-->QUOTE (inevitablegod @ Jun 23 2005, 07:05 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-inevitablegod
@Jun 21 2005, 07:30 PM
ive taken a GTS or two.  not off the line, but while freeway dancing.  and i have been taken a time or two by them. 

not that i am bickering, just wondering - how can my statement not be accurate? ive beaten them, theyve beaten me. like i said, driver's race. perhaps i shouldnt have said "not off the line" without qualifying it. i meant that as in, i havent had one next to me at a stop light yet. and the gts 0-60's .5 seconds faster than the tC, from the factory specs. [/b]
If you mean by driver's race, you mean a race based on the driver's skill, and the GTS driver is lacking? Celica GT-S's are well capable 15.0 second cars, if driven correctly. Not calling BS on your races, I'm just addressing the fact that with a proper driver, the GT-S shouldn't have a problem pulling on you. It might be harder for them to do so from a stop, since they really need to have a good launch and redline everything, but from a roll, it's quite simple for them as they make power up high, like someone else just said

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's what we mean by a driver's race. The driver of the statistically "better" car doesn't know how to exploit the car's capability. Kinda like just mashing the gas in high gear without downshifting into the maximum powerband. Lots of people aren't that bright when it comes to operating an engine for maximum power, trust me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jun 24 2005, 12:35 PM
That's what we mean by a driver's race. The driver of the statistically "better" car doesn't know how to exploit the car's capability. Kinda like just mashing the gas in high gear without downshifting into the maximum powerband. Lots of people aren't that bright when it comes to operating an engine for maximum power, trust me.
Haha, okay. Well because I took it as...driver's race meaning the cars are very close to each other, taking the driver out of context. So the better driver would be able to use his or her car better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus+Jun 23 2005, 04:41 PM-->QUOTE (SilverRSXJezus @ Jun 23 2005, 04:41 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2005, 07:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-inevitablegod
@Jun 21 2005, 07:30 PM
ive taken a GTS or two.  not off the line, but while freeway dancing.  and i have been taken a time or two by them. 

not that i am bickering, just wondering - how can my statement not be accurate? ive beaten them, theyve beaten me. like i said, driver's race. perhaps i shouldnt have said "not off the line" without qualifying it. i meant that as in, i havent had one next to me at a stop light yet. and the gts 0-60's .5 seconds faster than the tC, from the factory specs.
If you mean by driver's race, you mean a race based on the driver's skill, and the GTS driver is lacking? Celica GT-S's are well capable 15.0 second cars, if driven correctly. Not calling BS on your races, I'm just addressing the fact that with a proper driver, the GT-S shouldn't have a problem pulling on you. It might be harder for them to do so from a stop, since they really need to have a good launch and redline everything, but from a roll, it's quite simple for them as they make power up high, like someone else just said [/b]
dude just tell them how it is....if my base RSX cant beat a tC without spray then a tC sure as hell cant take a manual gt-s, especially from a roll, thats like claiming they can beat a type-s from a roll. it doesnt happen unless the driver cant drive to save their own life

·
Registered
576 Posts
Why do they keep coming over here to tout their elitist propaganda?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
we should all go to their boards and get ourselves banned

not.... then we'd have a war going on.. thats no fun

·
Registered
20 Posts
the point is that i dont believe that u guys beat a celica GT-S from a roll, anything beyond a stop is their territory....and by the fact that i can beat a tC and not a GT-S leads me to believe that u either raced an auto GT-S or are lieing

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by NHB_DC5R@Jun 26 2005, 07:18 PM
the point is that i dont believe that u guys beat a celica GT-S from a roll, anything beyond a stop is their territory....and by the fact that i can beat a tC and not a GT-S leads me to believe that u either raced an auto GT-S or are lieing
And you lead me to yawn.

He said she said nuh-uh blah. You have an RSX? Stick to what you know. Please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by OliverThomas+Jun 26 2005, 06:30 PM-->QUOTE (OliverThomas @ Jun 26 2005, 06:30 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-NHB_DC5R
@Jun 26 2005, 07:18 PM
And you lead me to yawn.

He said she said nuh-uh blah. You have an RSX? Stick to what you know. Please.[/b]
Stick to what he knows? What he knows, as shown from the multiple videos and what I've personally seen firsthand, is how to drive. His base RSX CAN beat a tC and he's even admitted to losing to GT-S's. Quit being blinded by your own insecurities about your rudimentary driving skills.

If there were ever a reason to register JUST to make a post, this is the best I can think of.

·
Registered
426 Posts
damn Grey Fox, u defended him like he was ur boyfriend..u need to chill out and worry about ur own stuff..nobody involved u..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by dwnrytepnoi@Jun 26 2005, 11:15 PM
damn Grey Fox, u defended him like he was ur boyfriend..u need to chill out and worry about ur own stuff..nobody involved u..
Hahaha this is great! When you guys have clearly lost the argument, you resort to childish "gay" jokes. How pathetic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.