Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a number of people would balk at this option, but I'd like to get more info on it (if anyone has heard it in person). I don't need something to shake the glass or set off alarms, I'm just looking for a nice compliment to the stock system that's already in place.

Anyone have any impressions?

·
Registered
197 Posts
simply: bazooka...SUCKS. a lot. They seriously make crappy subs. they sound horrible.

I recommend looking at picking up an infinity 10 inch and a decent amp, and if you want a box but I'm custom building one. That's gonna be my future setup, at least.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Personally, i think the sound system in it sounds great, but probably down the line i will pick up a sub and amp.....I would definately stay away from bazooka though.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Just wanted to add my two cents' worth to the prevailing opinion -- Bazooka equipment is really, really crappy. It's definitely not worth $500, especially given that the custom sub doesn't even fit all that well behind the wheel well like one would hope...

·
Registered
792 Posts
aftermarket is always better than factory... ive never heard it but image it sounds good enough (or toyota wouldnt sell it with the car). I'd spend the 500 on a 10" sub, amp, and a new deck. you could have them build a box that fit better in the trunk anyhow.
just my 2 cents.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I were to pick it up, I wouldn't go through Toyota/Scion. Its just too damn expensive. McGeorge sells it for $269, and the installation doesn't look to scary.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are plenty of opinions here..so here's one more. Agreed, the dealer bazooka is not worth $500. Nor is it worth $249. It's not that they are terrible, this one may be, it depends on which line you purchase. I was in a similar boat. I ran an audiobahn a1300hct and two adiobahn aw1006's in my old car. In the tC I just wanted more depth to the music.

Step one - new deck pioneer dehp8600mp
step two - new speakers inifinity kappa perfects front and back - components in front
step three - I added and infinity basslink. I looked into the basslinkt first but found that I would lose the ability to use the folding back seats for cargo room. The basslink offers a 200w rms 10" sub with a 10" passive radiator. I used the remote bass control (gain control) to give more control form the cockpit. Very small footprint that allows 2 sets of golf clubs to still fit in trunk. Here's a link.
Basslink

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey sarsipius, I'm going to install the basslink as well. I've read some reviews on that sub/amp and they said that it is very important to find the correct orientation for optimum sound (ie. toward you, away from, to the side of the car, or up) did you try pointing the woofer in different directions before mounting? Do you have pics of your placement in the cargo area of your tC?

·
Registered
116 Posts

I put my basslink on the back of the folding rear seat. I was convient, because it was out of the way when hauling stuff in the back and I liked having it right behind the drivers seat when it was folded down. I'm not sure how this would work on the tC because the seats are different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I put mine on the same side only mounted on the floor. I'm lazy. It was easier than trying to mount it on the seat. That hard flappy guy just kinda got in the way. Running the wiring was very easy. Sorry but I have no pictures. But if you close your eyes really really hard at the back of your car turn on all the lights open the trunk you'll see what it looks like. It's mounted vertical unlike those pictures. Good luck.

Sorry...I have the sub toward, slightly, the passenger side and the passive radiator toward the front.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks guys for the tips!!!

Oh yeah, sarsipius, did you mount it in that orientation because it sounded best or was it because it looked better?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wolo, I believe I share your idea, I do not need to rattle my fillings loose but I would like to compliment the stock system. I just installed the scion sub and it sounds awesome!!! I love it. It is plenty loud and for my taste sounds great, plus the fit and finish is NICE in the trunk. Although it makes getting to the spare tire a bit trickier (not a big deal). I bought the sub from mcgeorgeparts and it comes with great instructions and the install is very very easy just be prepared to unsnapp the whole interior:) for my money and the fit and sound of the final product I love the scion bazooka sub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I had a question about the enclosure that the Bazooka sub comes with. If someone were to order their tC with the sub, then later on down the road want to upgrade the sub would the enclosure of the stock sub have to stay? Like if you take off the enclosure of the sub then does the cargo/trunk space look as if it never had the sub or would you have to replace the panel through toyota? The reason I ask is because I want to order the sub just to compliment the sound of my music, but eventually down the road I may want to upgrade or take it out all together. Thanks in advance for the responce oh and sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I removed the sub there would be a small hole in the passenger side rear interior panel (about 1/2 inch) This hole could be covered up by a generic plastic interior clip because there is a corresponding hole in the actual metal behind the plastic panel. Just get a black clip and you will never notice the hole. Also the sub uses the stock location of the rear passenger tie down d-ring, so if I took mine out I would re-install this tie down D-ring, and nobody would ever know!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts