Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 scion tc, freshly rebuilt, and I'm looking to delete the balance shafts. Before anyone says anything, ive done research on this topic and it's a bit old Haven't found much info updated since 2012. I want to know how long motors have lasted without the balance shaft in. Specifically the 2az-fe. The Scion tc. I'm looking to remove mine because new bearings are so expensive, I just want to delete them. Had anyone taken the extra gear off the crankshaft that drives the balance shafts and if so, did the crank have to get rebalanced? How long has this lasted on motors and has the vibrations in cabin gotten worse over time? Are the hp gains showing still? Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I deleted mine four years ago on my 07 tC and have not had any issues with vibrations at all. I don't remember if I took off the gear or not. Just make sure you plug the oil holes. I tapped mine and screwed in a setscrew with red loc-tite.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to do this but I'm going the jb weld route. I haven't seen where anyone took off the extra gear off of their crankshaft. I would love to hear someone say this would be possible without having to rebalance the crank also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts