Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this email from Ken @ Sparks when I inquired about why he removed the SuperCharger from his website...this dosen't look good.

Hi,

We were told that the S/C and CAI from TRD had passed CARB and would be released around the 12th of September. The other day a memo appeared at Toyota that mentioned CARB, the S/C, and the CAI and a delay. The 'delay' memo indicated Oct. or Nov. for things to be worked out. There is some speculation that the units did not pass CARB and the delays may be a lot longer or even permanent. That's all I know and some of that is speculation. I've bought into Toyota's ETA's a couple of times now and I just decided to wait until there's something real to talk about before having it up on the site. Talk to you later.

Ken

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
November was the new "semi-official" release date for the last couple of weeks. "Permanent delay" is news. and you are right - not very good ones.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Never rely on TRD anymore...they where talkin about a S/C for the 4.0 tacoma before it came out..Its out now there is not talk of it being developed..I would just start lookin elsewhere for a turbo kit or another S/C kit commin out

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by HEAVYG@Sep 12 2005, 07:21 AM
I just got this email from Ken @ Sparks when I inquired about why he removed the SuperCharger from his website...this dosen't look good.

Hi,

We were told that the S/C and CAI from TRD had passed CARB and would be released around the 12th of September. The other day a memo appeared at Toyota that mentioned CARB, the S/C, and the CAI and a delay. The 'delay' memo indicated Oct. or Nov. for things to be worked out. There is some speculation that the units did not pass CARB and the delays may be a lot longer or even permanent. That's all I know and some of that is speculation. I've bought into Toyota's ETA's a couple of times now and I just decided to wait until there's something real to talk about before having it up on the site. Talk to you later.

Ken
A little more info. They are still waiting for 'final' approval from CARB. When you begine to factor the time left there, along with production orders and production time, you may be looking at months before the packages are on their way to the dealers. I just decided to step back a bit and wait until there is 'real' info to share besides the newest delay notices. Just a little tired of not having accurate information to share.

Ken

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am sure Ken passes on the best info he gets. I still say the supercharger is not going to ever make an appearance. Where CARB is an issue I am sure..I believe that warranty issues are still there. In Scion owner surveys the owners find more quality issues and complaints about their car than a typical Toyota owner....who is older. it is no doubt that the younger owners of Scions are a bit harder on their cars than most Toyota owners. More mods...more street racing...more lowered cars...and more warranty claims. I think one of Toyotas big advantages in the market place is low costs on warranty claims. The Scion is not living up to the image and the bottom line because of the younger driver base and harder usage of the Scion line. The Supercharger will add more headaches. with the delays anyway...the car will be redesigned before the thing ever comes out.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Powerhouse has been awaiting final CARB approval for the Supra single turbo kit for more than two years now. That single turbo replaces the factory twins for a configuration that is already emissions qualified. If they're having this much trouble with something this simple, it's no surprise to me TRD is having massive issues getting anything approved by these guys.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Screw it. How long would a 15lbs bottle of n2o / 50 shot last on a 2.4L? A minute? More?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.