Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone buy steel rims for snow tires? Ive called about 10 places around here and they do not make steel wheels that are useable with the tc. I got a price from one place who contacted a dealership or something, and it was like 1500.00 for snow tires and steel rims and he wasent even sure if they would fit. But i think ill see how my stock setup does in the snow then possibly just get the 550.00 snow tires put on my stock rims. Any one else been looking into this?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Might try Tirerack, they've got a 15" kit for $444 that'll fit the tC.

I think you're looking for 195/60-15 tires. I don't see why they wouldn't have a 15" steel wheel with the right offset.

Even if you don't buy from Tirerack, the information may be helpful.

Disclaimer: I've never lived in a place where I've had to worry about snow so there's a damn good chance I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Another option is a Corolla forum (for 15" steel wheels), or Matrix forum for 16" steelies. About a year ago I came across a free set of steel 16" wheels and sold it locally for $100. I'm pretty sure you can get a set of 16" wheels for $150-200 shipped from some Matrix dude if you are worried about 15" not clearing the brakes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys, i was thinking i could downsize the wheels too, but every place i called said my rotors were oversized and i couldnt get smaller rims.... this not true?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The rotors are the same size as ones on Corolla/matrix/celica - and these cars come with 15" steelies...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm, then i wonder why they told me i couldnt get a smaller rim? it was more than one place that said it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Dec 6 2004, 11:51 PM
Hmmmm, then i wonder why they told me i couldnt get a smaller rim? it was more than one place that said it.
Did the places do any measurements or just eye-ball it? Or maybe just guessed? I measured the rotors (I have my old ones from the Matrix sitting in my closet) - the only thing different might be the caliper - did not get to compare it with others, but still - worst case - you'll need 16" steelies.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that you mentioned it, i think they guy may have said over sized calipers? would that make downsizing not possible?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Find somebody with 16" wheels - corolla/matrix/celica person and try it. Go to one of the meets that guys have on matrixowners.com in your area and try it out. Or even go to the dealer. Be creative

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.