Scion tC Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
not to bring back the dead...but the guy's name was "Quick."

Doesn't that set off any alarms? Hell, I got a cousin we call "Fast Eddie." He'll sell you a turbo...cheap!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Looks like Duwayne "Quick" McClendon has a site here:
http://www.buglerroller.com/index.php?opti...ge&Itemid=1

Registrant:
buglerroller.com
1093 Calle Carrillo
San Dimas, Ca 91773
US

Domain name: BUGLERROLLER.COM

Administrative Contact:
McClendon, Duwayne Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
1093 Calle Carrillo
San Dimas, Ca 91773
US
+1.9255776519 Fax:

Technical Contact:
McClendon, Duwayne Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
1093 Calle Carrillo
San Dimas, Ca 91773
US
+1.9255776519 Fax:

Registrar of Record: MISK.COM
Record last updated on 2007-Feb-20.
Record expires on 2008-Feb-20.
Record created on 2007-Feb-20.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS8.AABOX.COM
NS7.AABOX.COM[/b]
...someone at GideonTech.com knew of him - posted that after I brought up the similarities w/ a scammer they're dealing with...

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,075 Posts
I am sure he is scamming some other car community, or even other tC places. I hear whiteblazer is even though he has people on about every site complaining about him
But good idea to unpin it here I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Plissken @ May 2 2005, 09:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=59938
AvoidZ theZ zZ[/b]
I am not a scion onwer, but I'm part of what seems to be a big club of guys that have gotten scammed by Duwayne McCmendon. I "hired" his company, www.turnaroundmedia.com to do some work. He gave an awesome song and dance, refused to work by chat (no wonder) and once he had my $199 through PayPal, posted some public source #### and now refuses to communicate. PayPal is protecting him, which does not suprise any of us. But I've been doing some deep research on this character, and unless there are two people in Pleasanton/Riverside area with the same name, its the same guy. He has a great command of the Interent and knows how to steal money left and right. I'm wanting now to invest a few dollars of whatever it takes to take this guy down, one way or the other. Feel fee to contact me with whatever information you have. I've even got his picture now, so we know what he looks like.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you got screwed over by this guy, but thanks for the info. I should point out that Pleasanton and Riverside are nowhere near each other... Pleasanton is in the Bay Area and Riverside in SoCal.

It looks like, if he's behind turnaroundmedia.com, then he's also got turnaroundhosting.com

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
I have met with the guy. What a piece of work he is. Total BS artist. Thankfully, I haven't lost any money to him, but I did lose some respect and a bit of my reputation by aligning with him briefly until he ripped off people I knew.
As far as taking him down, the only monetary investment I think is worthwhile is the gas to drive down to find him and the cost of one of these :

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
This guy has been scamming people for years now. What a loser.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just in case anyone still wants to find him...

Physical Address:
847 Rose Ave apartment #1
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Company Address:
PO Box 10101
Pleasanton, CA 94588

"Other" Company Address: (yet another PO Box, surprise surprise)
5424-10 SUNOL BLVD STE 179
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Home phone: 925-399-1227
Work phone: 925-699-1357

Employer 24 Seven Talent (SF office)

Consider this a gift from somebody who finally found him!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I might be better off starting a new thread for this, but like many of you predicted here, "Quick" Duwayne McClendon is back scamming people, this time in the Prius community of all places as @black.jmyntrn He started a company called "Prius Overlanding" after conning the owner of "Prius Offroad" into giving him several lift kits in exchange for "making installation videos". The install videos never happened but what he did do was take those lift kits to a company called "Evil Manufacturing" @evilmfg (ironic) and have them knock the kits off to start selling them himself, undercutting them by $1, and copy pasting their exact image descriptions onto his website. He even used the actual kits he stole as the placeholder images for the kits he was selling on his website. Shady...but wait, there's more! For the past year he's been scamming people left and right selling products he doesn't even have available to be sold, then when they post about it on forums he denies it tooth and nail and pulls the race card labeling them as racist and ends up getting them banned from the groups and reviews removed. He also tries to hide the fact that he is the owner of Prius Overlanding by using a secondary fictitious business name called "Hands On Technologies LLC" that he operates remotely out of Wyoming, all while living in his car, which is broken down in front of his moms house most of the time, while he drives her car. I've seen dozens of individuals come forward with the same exact experience of ordering parts, waiting weeks or months, trying to get in contact with someone at Prius Overlanding to no avail, filing for a refund with PayPal or their credit card company only to have Duwayne deny it and push it into litigation. All the while denying any wrong doing and even putting blame on the customers for "being impatient" or "entitled". I've got a list of names and contact information for almost a dozen individuals that are wanting to press charges along with dozens of images and screenshots of all the wrong doing, but I was hoping to find out how this community was finally able to rid this cancer from their community and what to do from here moving forward. If you have any feedback or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. The Prius may not be the most glamorous or exciting community, but the one thing we all have in common is a passion for vehicles and hopefully a disgust for taking advantage of others. Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,
Who do we contact at the company that owns this forum? We have a pending Defamation Case we need to subpoena the information of the posting members of this forum.

It’s interesting this post has gone on for years with no one providing a statement of verifiable facts. trade libel and false light are just two blaring claims with our defamation case.

I see there is an admin Eric posting in here, is there a physical address, email, or phone number you can share with me for contacting the proper person for legal matters of this forum? Is VerticalScope or Torstar the legal managing member?

Quickjuctice, your attorney’s information would be great as well! It's incredible how you believe this, we look forward to speaking with you soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might be better off starting a new thread for this, but like many of you predicted here, "Quick" Duwayne McClendon is back scamming people, this time in the Prius community of all places as @black.jmyntrn He started a company called "Prius Overlanding" after conning the owner of "Prius Offroad" into giving him several lift kits in exchange for "making installation videos". The install videos never happened but what he did do was take those lift kits to a company called "Evil Manufacturing" @evilmfg (ironic) and have them knock the kits off to start selling them himself, undercutting them by $1, and copy pasting their exact image descriptions onto his website. He even used the actual kits he stole as the placeholder images for the kits he was selling on his website. Shady...but wait, there's more! For the past year he's been scamming people left and right selling products he doesn't even have available to be sold, then when they post about it on forums he denies it tooth and nail and pulls the race card labeling them as racist and ends up getting them banned from the groups and reviews removed. He also tries to hide the fact that he is the owner of Prius Overlanding by using a secondary fictitious business name called "Hands On Technologies LLC" that he operates remotely out of Wyoming, all while living in his car, which is broken down in front of his moms house most of the time, while he drives her car. I've seen dozens of individuals come forward with the same exact experience of ordering parts, waiting weeks or months, trying to get in contact with someone at Prius Overlanding to no avail, filing for a refund with PayPal or their credit card company only to have Duwayne deny it and push it into litigation. All the while denying any wrong doing and even putting blame on the customers for "being impatient" or "entitled". I've got a list of names and contact information for almost a dozen individuals that are wanting to press charges along with dozens of images and screenshots of all the wrong doing, but I was hoping to find out how this community was finally able to rid this cancer from their community and what to do from here moving forward. If you have any feedback or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. The Prius may not be the most glamorous or exciting community, but the one thing we all have in common is a passion for vehicles and hopefully a disgust for taking advantage of others. Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Are you aware of libel, false light invasion of privacy, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, and negligent damage to reputation?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts