Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me advise anyone who is going to take this on alone, the process is extremely easy but to get the dang shifter cables off is the hard part. You have to twist, pull, cut, and pry your way into the shifter to get everything to come off, but its totally worth it, and the directions are super easy to follow, even for noobs. I could not tell you how many slices I have on my fingers.

However, the cuts were worth the end result! This shifter is awesome to say the least! It only lowers it about 1/2" and the shifts are incredibly close, the website says 30% shorter throws but I would lean more towards 40-45% shorter throws.

It is precise and the installation took about hour and a half since this is my first short throw I have ever done (didn't make em for accords at least in my generation).

If you are wanting the stock look but not the stock feel then this is the shifter for you. Its about stock height and the throws are extremely close to each other and for the price its unbeatable! Thanks to Ken @ Sparks for that!

With a little money, time, and patience you could be "throwing" yourself into a better shifting experience. Hope this help you all decide, I know it will help me decide in the future!

The only tedious part was taking the cables off, everything else went pretty smoothly.

Just have to say two words..."Get IT!

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got it. its nice.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This shifter rocks. Ken @ TRD Sparks is an amazing guy. Ordered monday night almost tuesday morning and got it Thursday night. Installed and loving it. It makes the shifter much more solid. I believe the metal bushings played a part in that. This kit is amazing and i highly recommend it to anyone. I was leaning towards the TRD shifter due to the fact it cam with the cage because i didn't want the hassle of removing the shifter from the cage. No worries. I had to put my spin on some of the steps in the instructions but all in all easy instal. Go out and get one.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i just installed mine last weekend. i'm loving every shift i make. the shifts feel so much better all around. i didn't bother taking the entire assembly out. i left it attatched to the cables and just went from there.

i highly recommend this shifter. the other great thing about it is the fact that you can use the factory shift knob. although the shifter itself is shorter than stock, the replacement bushings that come with the shifter lift it up high enough so the boot doesn't look like its being sucked into the center console. looks stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had one. Shift reduction didn't feel like it was 35%. It felt a lot less than that. Install wasn't a problem, though the cables ended up being a little tricky. I bought it because I saw it out there for $100 and bought it on impulse. Found it to be a very minor improvement over the stock shifter. Ended up recently switching it out for Doc I's shifter and, I must say, the difference is remarkable. Wouldn't recommend the B&M shifter.

My opinion only

Latez,

Kokoro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.