·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice, what %?

if I had to guess, I would say 35?

·
Registered
339 Posts
im thinkin about gettin 35 , it will look pretty dark on a flint mica id say and it is LEGAL

cops pull tinted cars over around here all the time..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice but after looking at that, Im thinking I'm gonna go with a darker tint on the back. and something like that on the sides. I think thats like what I have on my car (not a tc) right now. But the tC would look better with a dark back window because of the all glass top. Just my opinion. It looks good though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's 35% reflective tint all-around. The tinter said the reflective tint is better against the heat than the smoke and would look best on my light-colored tC. I was still gonna get smoke until I followed the guy that was giving me a ride back to work and his reflective tint (on a darker blue truck) looked sweet. It was a cloudy day and I could see his outline from the back and then the sun would hit the window and I couldn't see him at all. On my way back riding with him, looking out his windows, it was almost as if he didn't have tint at all. I had smoke put on my last vehicle and looking out from the driver side window, you could certainly tell it was tinted and the inside wall of my white garage was a slightly different shade. With my reflective tint, there is no color difference.

To your point of darker on the back: When I picked up the car, I thought the back would look better darker, too. I just didn't want to have trouble backing and it being too dark to see at night is why I didn't go darker. My boss had hers done darker on back and said that was the case. There is no way I would go any lighter, though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by phungy@Jun 6 2005, 07:18 PM
How much did it cost you?
It was $174 plus tax. I didn't shop for the cheapest place or compare prices. I asked for recommendations from picky people and looked at their vehicles. I checked how long the place had been in operation (16 years). I, also called the Scion salesperson to see if the tint shop was among those that he recommended, and it was.

It's funny, I feel like I got a new car all over, again. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im waiting for my azure pearl tc.....how do you like the color?

·
Registered
5 Posts
great! I cant wait to get mine....should be here by the end of the month

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.