Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again people, as you all know my car is in the shop getting a makeover, i decided to buy the axis mod sevens, heres the link if you want to see them
http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels/mod/mod.html

i really dont know , and ill get my flame shield ready, the bolt pattern for the tc
i beleive it to be 5x100 right?
also, which one should i get the 18x7.5 or the 19x8? i need quick replies for this, im buying them online monday, God willin, if i get the 19's will it be too much? remember my car has the kaminari kit also

oh and heres a link of the mods sevens on a tc
http://www.tracylightning.org/tchillin.htm

thanks in advance people, this site rocks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
90 views and absolutely NO ONE has given a reply, what the hell?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by jlbracero@Aug 13 2005, 09:01 PM
...i really dont know , and ill get my flame shield ready, the bolt pattern for the tc
i beleive it to be 5x100 right?
also, which one should i get the 18x7.5 or the 19x8?...
Go with the 18x7.5 inch, 5x100 model. I am not making any assumptions about the roads in Puerto Rico, but with 19s, your tires (or should I say rubber bands?
) would likely do little to prevent the rims from getting bent on a nasty bump; Axis wheels are very expensive, and the last thing you want is a bent rim!

This is merely a recommendation.

-Ed

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks edd your probably right, i have to make a choice of color now, black or silver, ive seen plenty with silver ones, but i have yet to see a blue tc with black rims, i have no idea if it will look good or ridiculous, what do you think?

·
Registered
136 Posts
i like the 19's but yeah... if your roads are rough then go with the 18's. i say go with silver if u have a blue tC.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I second that; I prefer silver wheels on blue/dark blue cars (dark enough and you might even get away with *gasp* chrome!), and black wheels on silver or white cars.

But remember, it's all about you and what you want; we're just trying to twist things in our favor, but in the end it's your ride.

Btw, my mom is from the D.R. and I go to Santo Domingo about every other year; just thinking about the roads in the countryside there makes me cringe at the thought of even 18s, but I've never been to Puerto Rico, so I'm guessing/hoping (for your sake) that the roads there are better, and at least as good as New York (which still sucks
).

-Ed

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the roads here are about the same as in the states, but the thing is that it sometimes rains so HARD that land under the streets sometimes makes bumps or holes, and those holes are EVERYWHERE, if you lower your car here, your asking for a whooping, but i think i heard enough, i think ill go with 18's, i called yesterday and the dealer was out of silver 18's but had the silver 19's, so if the silver ones are in route, then ill go with 18 otherwise, i dont see any other choice, ill keep you guys posted

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the 19's silver, the kaminari kit basically needs it, otherwise it would touch ground hard everytime i go a speed bump or an inclined hill. thanks for the replies , you did help out a lot, ill post the new images as soon as i get the car from the shop

·
Registered
116 Posts
that silver one with the mod 7s is looking so clean, i have a silver tC and i would be the happiest man ever if my ride looked like that! does anyone know who that guy is with that car

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the silver tc with the mod sevens is not mine, mines blue and still in the shop, as soon as mine is ready ill post the pics. i cant believe somebody beat me to the wheels, but hey, mine are 19's HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the black axis are gloss black, with chrome, i think it would look ok, but not That cool as silver

·
Registered
197 Posts
there is a blue rsx running around here with those rims in 18's. those rims look really good in silver on a blue car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
im thinking of just keeping the stock wheel, i don't see much of a difference for an 18 inch silver wheel, especially for over 1K

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
then check out the 19's, i got those, those wheels are huge

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.